web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#472837 04/23/10 09:47 AM
Might be pulling out an IP1200 that we installed a month ago. 10 phones, 16 call manager licenses, T1 card. Customer is not happy with it. Anyone interested in buying it?

phoneguy1
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#472838 04/29/10 02:34 PM
What is the customer not happy with phoneguy10?

#472839 05/04/10 07:28 AM
We have been using the Ipitomy in the office (second phone system) with SIP trunks for over a year.

Yes we have the buzzing noises from time to time on the handsets and as you mentioned, unplugging the cord fixes it.
We also have problems with the IP550 phones speaker phone, some times it works, sometimes it does not work (all 10 phones)

Slow to dial out:
Do not select a line, use the hot keypad then press dial when you are done, call goes right out.

The quality of the call is dependent on the health of the network. Did you perform a "network evaluation"

Bryan

#472840 05/05/10 10:36 AM
We have had IPitomy send us new handsets which have fixed the buzzing problem. We had loads of complaints and finally the new handsets have improved that situation. Not sure what you mean by hot keypad, please explain. Finally, the network is brand new cat5e cable, phones separate from the data.
Finally the speakerphone. You are right on, sometimes its fine, sometimes the phone wont hear the DTMF tone to make an auto attendant selection. Also find that sometime the speakerphone has great quality sometimes the clipping is so bad that you cant use it. My customers and we have app. Hard to figure out a cause, especially when its supposed to be full duplex

phoneguy1
#472841 05/07/10 03:42 PM
Hot key pad: without lifting the handset, dial the number, then press dial (soft key option on the first or second softkey on the top left).

"sometimes the clipping is so bad that you cant use it."

Same problem, if I hit the mute key it stops clipping, un-mute then same gig, hang up, make another call and all works great.

Note:
Some phones that have this are a year old, others are no more than 5 months old, so IMHO, not a bad batch because the phones were bought at different times.

You do know you can use any SIP phone on the IPitomy system. There phones don't seem to be working for us, I wonder if anyone here has used other SIP phones?

The box seems solid, The IP550 phones are not so solid.

FYI
The new company they reccomend for SIP trunks seem to be very good (6 months using them). As mentioned, we have two systems side by side in our office, out going calls are made on the IPitomy via sip trunks.

We have no experience yet on incoming traffic since all incoming goes through are traditional ESI phone system.

My father is the pro with this you may want to speak with him.

Bryan

#472842 05/11/10 09:59 AM
I hear you on the phones, the IP 550 sets have been a problem for us. I have one now, happens to be the receptionist phone, she cant dial out unless she pressed the dial button, on or off hook. Worked fine before, now it doesnt. Tech support had me go into the phone, look at some settings which hadnt changed, then told me to do about 4 other things. These are phones that are a month old. For all of the great features the systems have, the phones IMHO need to get better. The speakerphone is a real problem, I have a couple of customers who are really disgusted with it and I have no fix nor explanation. Correct on the SIP trunks, but honestly, I have pulled back on proposing the IPitomy unless someone specifically asks for pure IP. I find my TDM's go in without a hitch and the go backs are much less. Hard to explain, I guess SIP systems are different. I have had to upgrade firmware on brand new phones, I mean why am I spending a minute of my time doing that?

phoneguy1
#472843 05/11/10 02:46 PM
Ipitomy has some great ideas, not very good quality control which results in a rush to market to stay competative in the overc
rowded cutthroat world of Asterisk products.

#472844 05/12/10 04:10 AM
I agree on the great ideas, but, in the real world, its all about putting them in, making it work, getting paid and moving on to the next one. I find that has not been our experience with this product. In the broad sense they work, there are some great features but I find we spend a lot of time on things we should not be spending time on. In specific applications, for example where SIP is a requirement to keep phone numbers or something like that, the SIP component works great. I cannot speak for any other Asterik based system, havent used or installed any others so I cant tell you that IPitomy is better, worse or the same as all others. In its place its fine, as a lead product, for me its not going to work.

phoneguy1
#472845 05/27/10 07:41 AM
We have an IP1000 coming off warranty and would like to present the customer with pricing for a maintenance contract. Anyone have any thoughts/experience with pricing for maint. on one of these IPitomy systems? Thanks

phoneguy1
#472846 06/09/10 08:50 AM
I need a couple of IP400 Gateways for an install and IPitomy wont have any for a while. Would anyone out there have a couple they want to sell? Thanks

phoneguy1
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,280
Posts638,741
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,321 Shoretel
188,180 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (newtecky), 91 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024