web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
got a fairly big job coming up and i need a good supplier of aerial cable without the member.

i really can't count on my local electrical supply houses as they are pretty bad.

also looking for the little splice cans that hang on the cable.

looking for 50, 100, & 200pr cable. the splice cans will need to be able to hold the 200pr as well as the 100 & 50. i'll also need a few splice cans that will hold a 2-200pr as well as 2-50pr's.

:confused: help :shrug:

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
I know Ed swears by Sprint North supply. I did a search on Google for aerial telephone cable and found a few sites, I can't vouch for any of them.

https://customcable.thomasnet.com/v...-self-supporting-air-core-rea-spec-pe-38

https://www.cliffordvt.com/products.html

This was the site that gave me the other links.
https://www.thomasnet.com/products/aerial-cables-9671009-1.html

Retired phone dude
KLD Offline
Sprint, Graybar, and Anixter are nationals, But Sprint has the inside as a supplier to their wire telecom.

KLD I'M just a telephone man, I pull waarrre, walk around, and drink coffee. wink

Ken
---------
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Chris:

If you want to PM me with the project details, there's a good chance that we have all you will need in stock, like splice closures, pedestals, protectors, etc. Much of what we have is AT&T surplus, so it's great-quality new old-stock and cheeeep.

Clifford is good, especially for unique stuff, like 150 pair or custom cable assemblies. They are like the "Mike Sandman" of outside plant. Bear in mind that they are like the local hardware store and not a big-box so they aren't the cheapest place you will find. They still always manage to have that one thing you need that nobody else has.

All of the major supply houses carry (or at least have access to) most OSP cable and hardware. I have noticed that instead of maintaining huge inventories of all different cable types, they just worked out a deal with one or two manufacturers to cut and drop ship it as quickly as it would have been done from local stock.

This seems to work fine with SNS, but I can't vouch for the others.

Just remember that when buying this stuff, you really need to know what you want because in this day and age of affordable T1 circuits, you don't see as much private outside plant being done. For this reason, most supply houses aren't staffed with people who are really knowledgeable with the products.

For just a piece of direct burial cable for a small project, most cable suppliers stock popular sizes and types. It's when you go over 25 pair when it becomes a "utility-grade" item and the number of suppliers quickly drops to a handful.

Not to worry, though. If anyone has any questions about these materials, that's what we are here for. Just ask.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Online Content
I didn't notice you said without the member. If you are putting it in the air and don't have a lasher, I'd think self support would be cheaper. I know Ed will take care of your info, I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't want to use self support. Unless you're into OSP and going to do a lot of it you're going to pay a lot for a lasher, not to mention if you've never done lashing, it does take some practice.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I have always bought my outside plant stuff from Famous Telephone Supply www.famoustelephone.com

I deal with Ted there

OP Offline
the company i'm doing this for already has a guy who is doing the poles and the seperate member. he's looking for a cheaper price on the cable.

ev>>i'll pm you with my needs.

Online Content
That makes more sense. If someone is doing it for a living they would already have the equipment and the regular aerial is much cheaper than the self support.

Retired phone dude
KLD Offline
Try Accutech in Lenexa, KS. Sorry, haven't bought there in a while so I don't have their telephone number. They buy in master reels --- sell in volume.

KLD wink

Ken
---------

Moderated by  EV607797 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024