web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A dead 3v battery will kill a TS22..

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Thanks for the welcome — and the advice.

Replacing that 3V cell was hellish. The waterproof coating on everything is amazingly tough — I'd stick my knife under the battery, it'd get pushed back out. Only after an hour or two did I manage to separate the old battery.

It works perfectly now. Couldn't be happier.

AAA — I found several "testpoints" that would get me the voltage of the 3V, but easiest turned out to be common (black on the 9V clip) to +V on the battery itself, which is conveniently a huge, exposed surface.

They certainly do make it tough to replace that 2032 button battery but that's exactly why both of my TS 22's went dead. I cut out the old batteries from the main board with an Xacto knife which is a real chore, soldered a couple of short leads to the connection points which broke off and just black taped the ends to the + and - sides of the new battery and let it sit there loose. Now I can change the battery easily if I ever have the same problem again. Both test sets are now up and running. Thanks for the excellent tip and money saver...Fred.

I don't use my TS22L often and when the thing was dead after a couple of years I opened it up to see what was going on.

The installed CR2032 coin battery is the problem. There is no current draw from it as long as the 9v battery is good. But there is constant 'draw' on the 9v and it will drain down after a couple of years . . . taking the coin battery with it.

I removed the original coin battery [major pain with all the hot-glue on it]. Then I robbed a coin-battery holder from an old computer motherboard and soldered it onto the butt set circuit board. Now it is an easy task to swap coin batteries.

I believe if you routinely replace the 9v battery once a year [more often if heavily used] . . . the coin battery will probably last it usual 'shelf-life' of around 10 years.

Let the 9v sit for a couple of years and you'll be replacing both batteries.

DON

I have a TS-22 as well, with a similar problem. I used harris buttsets every day as a phone tech. My amplifier won't work when selected, I also have the failed lithium cells, and notice there are actually three batteries on this unit. There is the lithium coin cells, the 9V battery, and also another cell on the board, perhaps also lithium

I will try replacement of the lithium cells, I would suggest trying to visit a specialty battery store, mine will spot-weld new tabs as needed.

I know this comes a little late, but something you folks should be aware of. The lithium Battery not only helps to retain the memory when changing the 9v battery, but if your TS22 has data lock out, it also powers a microprocessor that looks for the data signal. If the lithium battery goes dead (and this happened to me on both of mine) the microprocessor can lock up and changing the battery will not fix it. the unit is dead in the water so to speak. If anyone needs it, I have the contact information for a company that will fix the TS22 series butt sets for a flat rate (65.00 each last time I had mine fixed) and they will replace the Microprocessor board with one that will not lock up and battery sockets that make changing the battery easy.

Authorized Samsung Dealer and Certified Technician
Star2Star installing Partner
Certified Panasonic Technician
Certified 3CX
Good to know, wonder if the new TS22 come withthe upgraded board.

[Linked Image from i26.servimg.com]
TouchPoint Networks.

Serving the Northwest Since 1991
NEC Shoretel Zultys T3 Tadiran
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There was a lawsuit because of the battery problem:

https://www.ts22settlement.com/

I Love FEATURE 00
Here's just a quick update on my TS22 9V battery fix. I found that after awhile just using black tape to hold the leads to the battery doesn't last. A better fix is to use the CR2032 battery holder that Radio Shack sells for around a buck. Solder this to the mainboard using a couple of short pigtails and now the battery can be changed without further grief. Fits inside the case perfectly and works like a charm.....Fred

Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Moderator-Mobil Phones, Computers
Did you really try to tape the leads on? :rofl: hehe. Yes that's the way to go on the battery replacement for sure. Here's some pics on the one I did.

https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/32/t/000139.html

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024