web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Mark68 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello, I have Western Electric / Bellsouth payphone in Finland, Europe and wanna get it work like normal home telephone. I have two different chassises for it. The telephone was originally equipped with Protel 8500 chassis but i have also couple of older 32B "dumb boards".

Is Protel board possible to reprogram or maybe it is better use "dumb board"? Because i am in Europe no one have knowledge about these phones locally. I haven't got success for finding information on internet.

I'm very thankful if somebody here is willing to tell how to reprogram or modify wiring for free use.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Is your phone a 1D2 type, like this?

[Linked Image from i98.photobucket.com]

Using the 32B "dumb" board is the way to go. It will allow you to make/receive calls, but none of the coin collection mechanisms will function. Being in Europe, there may be an issue with getting the set to ring, but I doubt that will be an issue.

Remember that when connected to a non-coin line, any coins that are deposited will be held in the escrow chamber and cannot be returned using the coin return lever. You will need to warn people to not deposit any coins because they will be gone. You'll also need to gently push the coin relay armature in periodically to dump any coins that may have collected.

I doubt that the phone will accept anything but US coins, so more than likely, Finnish coins will become stuck. With this being the case, the coin return lever WILL work to eject them.

I don't know anything about programming the Protel board, so I can't offer you any guidance there.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I modified the Dial Pad with the insides of an ITT 2500 set. I used the network board, dial pad, and the ringer and it works fine.

Gene Vail
Vail Communications, Inc.
[email protected]
Office - 215.885.2952
Fax - 215-884-4003
http://www.vailcomm.com
If it was a GTE Style housing not a Western Electric style.

Gene Vail
Vail Communications, Inc.
[email protected]
Office - 215.885.2952
Fax - 215-884-4003
http://www.vailcomm.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,169 CTX100 install
187,015 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024