web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I think this used to be called take back and transfer or transfer connect. A star and a number would be dialed and the call could be transferred to anouther destination.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Hi, thanks a lot for this information, I got too busy to reply. But it was useful. Our vendor, XO, initially told us this would not work because a centrex-style transfer would only work between PRI trunks in the same trunk group. But then they discovered a new feature they had just released where this WOULD work and we could do a trunkless centrex style transfer to any DID, anywhere.

Unfortunately by the time we worked this out with XO, our client decided the solution involved too much technical risk so they changed their plans. > frown

Anyway, it's nice to know that XO now offers this feature for future times when we want to front end calls for someone else and not tie up two trunks.

dhostteller, what does XO call the feature. It would be nice to tell them when their order dept says they don't have that feature available. I know they call it "call transfer" on their normal lines coming out of a channelbank to pots lines, but I don't know if they call it something else on PRI service. (It allows you to route call to anouther destination without tying up lines and having to remain on the call like 3 way does). thanks

I just posted a question on the Nortel Board with the same scenario because my client has a Nortel MICS. This post helped greatly. I have tried to get our Net Ops guys to tell me this will work for one of my clients but they won't commit.
We have a DMS 500 but they have told me that they believe TCBT will not work on the OC-3 Interface.
Can anyone shed light on this? Pete?

Wsabee

Jason Doane
Owner
Tele-Consultants LLC
Cell 904.710.4418
office:904.261.6150
Welcome to the board, Jason! welcome
I can't understand how a PRI being transported across an OC ring can have any impact on the PRI (or the PRI Group's) features. Even though I work with 5ESS, and haven't used the Two B-Channel Transfer feature, I've never experienced any impacts on PRIs (or PRI Groups) that were simply caused by the PRI being transported across an optical carrier.

Even though your question is on-topic, this is an older thread. Since your question is associated with DMS-500, and you've also mentioned this in your similar thread over in the Nortel forum, I advise that we continue this discussion in your other thread that is already in progress over in the Nortel forum. :thumb:

RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024