web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I carry a half a dozen of the sandman regulators and if loop current is even a little high I throw them on to see if they have any effect

they usually don't so I pull them off and continue looking for the cause

when they help the customer gets billed and I buy more .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mgere Offline OP
OP Offline
Well finally this issue may get resolved today. I'm getting some help from ShoreTels escalation engineer. He has seen this problem before and he calls it audio clipping because of Echo (ERL). (I called it half duplex). He thinks the issue is with the DSPs in the ST PBX switch not having the ability to correct the echo (ERL) from the CO. Usually this happens out in rual areas where the CO is miles away from the customer.
The only confusing thing is that the CO is 300 feet from the customer. I have to install a couple of patch files on the switch to correct this issue, I will let you all know if that was the problem. What does ERL stand for anyway??

ERL=Echo Return Loss. A problem with 4wire to 2wire hybrids not a problem of POTS. But I have heard of Echo problems on VOIP lines. Once again because they refuse to follow industry standards.

I suppose what's next is putting talk back amps into circuits so people know they haven't been cut off. That's about a 1940's technology. laugh

Retired phone dude
mgere Offline OP
OP Offline
Well the new DSPs didn't work. So back to the drawing board. They are working on correcting the DSP issue and will release new ones to me shortly.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 120 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024