web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Are any of you actually using any of these or have you seen them in action.

When I go to the link below all I see appears to be over an INTRANET instead of the INTERNET.
What I can find in the installer's section indicate that it will communicate over the Internet.

I did see something about a VPN so that may be the way it uses the Internet.
https://www.dsc.com/Default.aspx?id=45

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Haven't tried it either.

I went to a DSC seminar back in the summer for the new panels (PC1616, 1832, 1864), and they were going over the details on the T-link. Up until now, none of the monitoring stations were equipped to support it. One of the major stations here in Ontario has just recently started using it.

OP Offline
I have mixed feelings about it.It just goes against my instinct to try to monitor a system over the internet.

But then again I got involved in the security system business when BA loops were the standard means of monitoring systems. I think you did too TP.

Personally, I was glad to see them give way to the dial-up method of today. Mainly because of the troubles we had with the loops from the TELCO.
But the contact id format gives so much more information about the status of the system.
One of my pet peeves is when the monitoring center tells me they have "all of the codes" in their computes for the particular panel I installed and then they get an "undefined code". [Linked Image from img116.exs.cx]

I suppose it's only a matter of time 'til all of the monitoring will be done like that. It may be after the TELCOs are able to sell DSL to the residences that are currently too far out to get it.

One of my pet peeves is when the monitoring center tells me they have "all of the codes" in their computes for the particular panel I installed and then they get an "undefined code".
Yep, I get the same B.S. here. They page me at 3am to tell me they received an undefined from one of my customers and I can pretty much guarantee it's a "general system supervisory" (lost a module or keypad) which they never seem to "get"!

I started with loops too and then we did 4/2 format for years, which I loved, slow, but loved. I have one of those DSC DTS-1 tester units which is a God sent for non Contact ID/SIA formats. If you've never used one before, it will read out the number dialed, account code, and reporting code on a digital display. It also simulates dial tone so it can either be stand alone or piggy backed on a POTS line so you can watch transmission in progress. I used it on all brands of security systems but unfortunately it won't do the newer formats.

They do have Contact ID and SIA testers but they are pricey.

OP Offline
Yeah, 4+2 was great. We still have a handful of communicators using it because they don't have contact id. If memory serves me correctly one of them is a FireLite 411 DACT we put in to replace a 911 a couple of years ago. The customer didn't want to spend the few extra $$ to get a Silent Knight communicator.

I use a digit grabber to see what number the system is dialing if I have problems but it won't display the report codes or account numbers. :confused:

When I have problems with account numbers or report codes I usually get someone to look at the receiver to see exactly what my panel sent and I can figure out what I've done wrong from that. A tester would be nice in those circumstances but that problem doesn't occur often enough to warrant spending a lot of money on them.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024