web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Audinos Offline OP
OP Offline
My school has a Dukane Starcall Plus system from the 90's and, as is usual, no instruction manual was provided. I have no information on how to program class change "bells" or how to change the tones. At the moment, the bell and the PA announcement tone sound the same - a single beep. I would like to change the bell to a descending, four-note chime and the announcement signal to a single chime. There are 23 possible tone choices. Is it possible to do this, and if so, how? Also, is it possible to sound bells only in certain zones?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi Audinos,

I work for a Dukane dealer in New York State.

Bad news, the only way to program the tones is using Dukane's proprietary software called RAPID. You will need to contact your local Dukane dealer for help. To make matters confusing, Dukane is now owned by UTC Fire and Security. If you want to contact me via PM with your location in the country I may be able to find out from my boss who your local Dukane dealer is and help you get in touch with them.

To add insult to injury, the StarCall does not offer a four note descending chime as one of the tone choices!

However, you can schedule tones to sound in certain zones...again this requires the RAPID software program!

If you happen to already have a copy of RAPID, I would be more than happy to help you program your tones and event schedules!

Audinos Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info, but our original installer has been out of business for several years now and there are no Dukane dealers nearby anymore. We will probably end up replacing the system in the next couple of years. It has been nothing but trouble and is nearly impossible to work with. I am surprised that a four-note descending chime is not offered. That has been a standard school bell tone in most European schools for thirty years and is much more pleasant than a beep tone or a mechanical bell. I would rather install a 1980's Simplex Master Time Control unit than deal with anything controlled by the phone system.

Audinos,

Maybe I can offer some advice to help you with some of the problems you are encountering. Any problems in particular?

I am installing a Dukane Starcall Plus in an elementary school. My Atel phone (administrative phone) reads 'wait' when I turn the system on. I thought that I had installed the jack incorrectly, checked that and it was correct. Is it something in the Rapid program?

BuckEyeGuy,

Welcome to the board. Please start a new topic for your question, it helps when others use the search feature. Thanks

Retired phone dude
[edit: wait for new thread to post reply]

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 128 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024