Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
stha Offline OP
OP Offline
Ringer of the Call Director : tested directly on the phone line but nothing works, maybe it's too old. Sometimes I have a single movement of the ringer but it stays blocked and not really rings... But I'm not sure about the exact wires to use (4 existing, red+black+2 grey), please confirm color by color. Ringing voltage is up to 90V AC ? So I could test with any power transformer directly because I have burned DSL adapter when testing...

Call Director with 4A : I have a 223 connecting box, wires details are also needed.

To Ed : anything new about your 82 connecting block for my 2565hkms, I'm still interested and only need the shipping costs.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

This post is bringing back lots of old lost info, concerning systems. after digging out old books i can't belive how small the print and diagrams are, EV607797, i forgot all about 4a speakerphone blocks thanks the 82 number was nagging at me. looked in shop found old 91b's, but on bottom the number is 82b must have used same base

stha, there is a tension spring below the gong, change the position of it and the ringer may start to ring. If not it's probably shot.

I remember the "extra" wires but I don't recall where they were terminated or really what they were for.

Once again, forget about the ringer leads on the network block, you only need to strap the common bell pair (y/sl) to the tip and ring of the line you want to ring, w/bl for the first line. If you've moved the bell leads around on the network let us know where you've moved them to, or what they are now on. You DON'T have to do anything to the ringer leads on the telephone set network.

Retired phone dude
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
The ringer leads should be connected as follows:

Black: Yellow/slate of the line cord
Red: Slate/yellow of the line cord
Slate: Terminal "A" on the network block inside the set
Slate/Red: Terminal "K" on the network block inside the set

It's very possible that the slate and slate/red leads are connected directly together, which would cause a short across the CO line. Double-check these connections.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Originally posted by jacktel:
This post is bringing back lots of old lost info, concerning systems. after digging out old books i can't belive how small the print and diagrams are
Lots of memories for all of us. Isn't it amazing how diagrams and print shrink with age? I'm about ready to start a program to get the State of Texas to replace those highway signs that have grown smaller over the years. They need to water them or something! laugh

I just found this website and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these folks.

I think they may be helpful for this type of stuff.
Here is the link: https://www.navysalvage.com/

Hello, All:

I have acquired a Motorola dispatch console from the 1960's. It is a tandem console, made by Steelcase and originally had 2 18-button call directors. In the 1970's, they went to E-911 and eventually N-911 and replaced the 18-line WE product with a 48 button electronic call director of an unknown manufacturer. I am looking for an original 18 button unit that can be flush panel-mounted to bring the console back to its original condx.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Jim

[email protected]

That sounds like hardware that was manufactured by Plant Equipment, Inc. in the San Diego area. They made a bunch of that stuff. I don't think that they are around anymore, or at least not using that name, but you might try using Google to research that brand name. Allen Tel (Graybar's house brand name) also sold similar hardware.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 122 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024