Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
I haven't seen one of these in a long time. I wonder if it can be salvaged?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Western-Electr...ihZ010QQcategoryZ302QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
:confused:

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

From the pictures it looks intact for the most part but also looks like it has been stored in a barn or garage for a while which means corrosion is a major possibility. It would be nice to see what's under the cover.

Personally, I would not want to pay anything for it unless you needed it for parts maybe.
See if Ed has one in his warehouse if you really want one. laugh

dexman Offline OP
Spam Hunter
OP Offline
Spam Hunter
Nah. I saw the set on eBay and just wanted to see what others thought about it. :toothy:

It looks like the seller has a few different versions of that phone listed on eBay.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
I cant believe how much the call director NEW IN BOX he is selling is going for. $670.00 with 1 day and 22 hours to go

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200083527516

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I think the listing is a total fake job to jack up the price and spook collectors into buying in. They get their friends, or alternate e-bay screen names to bid, jacking up the price. This excites potential "real" buyers. Scamming e-bay sellers make it a point to mask the competing bidders' identities. This looks like a classic case.

If it "sells" to themselves, and they see people competitively bidding, they get an idea as to what they can expect to fetch. They simply fake a completed tranaction between themselves. THEN, they offer a "second chance offer" to the last high bidder. They tell the victim that the original high bidder (themself) never paid, so they will sacrifice the sale of the item for a lower price. Pretty shifty to say the least.

Granted, these phones are perhaps the foundation of our livelihoods, and they are very valuable to collectors, but not worth that much money. We aren't talking about brand-new "Victrolas" in the original factory box.

On the other hand, a factory-new Call Director is extremely rare. I am confident that this one is new since Western Electric products had their name printed in BLUE on the box if new and if it was factory-refurbished, it would be GREEN. His looks legitimately new, but still not worth that kind of money.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
So this explains the high prices for this junk. I always wondered who pays that kind of $$$$$ and what do they do with those old phones? recently I had someone come to our office and see the 1a2 phone on my desk and tell me he bought one in an antique store and wanted to hook it up. It shocked me to see he paid 50.00 for a standard 2565 set! He had never seen a "shoebox" ksu and is kind of amazed that I rigged up one under the desk along with a Sipura box to use with our phone system.

What's with this "bidder x" nonsense on Ebay? You used to be able to see who was dumb enough to overpay for this stuff!

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024