web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Be a heck of a lot easier to replace the cord, no?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Aw, come one, Arthur, some of us enjoy the aroma of hot solder!

Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks SilverSam, but I think I might take Arthur's advice. Despite enjoying the smell of hot solder, I'm not too happy about all that lead going up my nose.

It's not lead, it's fumes from the flux. More than ten years of breathing it back in the 60's and 70's has only made me a better person.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
KLD Offline
....and less hair growing in his nose...... :rofl:

Ken
---------
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL KLD smile

But, hbiss, don't the fumes contain lead? I thought that's what the whole fuss over soldering was these days, and why they are coming out with lead-free solder.

In any event, I ordered a Cat 3 male/loose amphenol connector cable, but come to think of it, I really don't know how much less trouble it will be as Arthur seems to think.

After all, there are a hell of a lot of ends to screw in on the phone end, but then again, my soldering skills leave something to be desired, so even if I do solder my amp connector back on, there's no guarantee it will work properly.

cat 6 if you ever need parts for those old phones PM me for my supplier, they rebuild mostly norstar but can get certain old parts. im over on the south shore

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Will do SE. Merci bien!

Now that I've thoroughly inspected the interior wiring of my Northern 564, I'm a little disappointed in the craftsmanship frown All the lamp grounds run back to the lamp ground for line one, that's why there are shorts on the amp connector leading from pin 3/28 tip to the rest of the lamp grounds.

That's a little cheap in my opinion. So it's a good thing that I ordered the cable, because now I can give each lamp the grounding they deserve! laugh

But, hbiss, don't the fumes contain lead? I thought that's what the whole fuss over soldering was these days, and why they are coming out with lead-free solder.

You don't heat it enough to vaporize it. The fuss is to keep lead out of landfills and the environment when electronic devices are discarded. The "fuss" is not because of this country by the way, ROHS is a European program but because we manufacture for the world market we have to comply with it.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Cat 6 Offline OP
OP Offline
I never thought the U.S. had initiated the "fuss", and I don't think I implied it. Even if it were an American policy, more power to you. I think it's a good policy. Excessive lead levels makes people a little bonkers, or just kills them! Fall of the Roman Empire and all that. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,288
Posts638,794
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,351 Shoretel
189,003 CTX100 install
187,391 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (highlysecptial, www.telcom1.net, Ashley), 172 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024