Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
Like most, haven't used 1 in years, my wife tells me the one outside wally world where she works is 75 cents. John C. (Not Garand)

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Interesting post. thanks for that.

Sad but most payphones gets mistreated anyway. Some people that use these phones have no manners.

Nothing better than using a phone that someone may have spit on once or twice..

Phoenix Technology Services, Inc
http://www.phoenixtsi.com
Phoenix, AZ / 800.241.9084
This explains why I lost a couple pay phones around the corner. But this is just the Exit of AT&T/SBC payphones. I still have Pellican Phones and Verizon Phones but the Verizons or 75 cents a call.

In the last few months many of the payphones outside of towns in my local area have become non-coin phones, the coin slots being blanked off and "No coins accepted" stickers being placed on the outside of the booths. It seems to represent BT's latest policy of trying to maintain the phones for emergencies or so people can use calling cards etc., but without having to go and empty coin boxes regularly.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Paul, the people in your area must be geniuses compared to idiots around here.

As I stated above, I rent out two every year for a fair.

I have to temporarily disconnect one so they can use the line for OTB (Off-Track Betting).

While disconnected, I post signs all over it in LARGE letters, in English & French saying that it is Temporarily O/O/S and to use the other one. I was having a coffee and sitting near the phones and sure enough you should have seen the number of idiots that would drop in the coins and try to dial THROUGH the paper that was covering the dial pad. The coin mehanism is rigged so the coins go straight into the box, no refundss. Easiest money I ever made and just about %*#@*%'d my pants while watching.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
dave, that the brome fair?

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Payphones here in NYC are either .25 or .50 - depending (I think Verizon's are .25 qnd other peoples are .50)

My wife (who's younger then me) remembers not having a phone in the house when she was young. Everyone in the apartment building she lived in used the coin phone in Rosie's candy Store downstairs. Neighborhood kids would hang out by the phone and answer it and then go to the called party's home and notify them that they had a call. My wife said that there was a standard tip for doing this, but she doesn't remember what it was (it couldn't have been too much). This was in East NY (Brooklyn) about 45-50 years ago.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
SST Offline
Here's my old GTE payphone in my garage. It works great as a 'piggy bank' :dance:
[Linked Image from i263.photobucket.com]

Jay....

No it's the Ayer's Cliff Fair around the 26th of August. Always the week before Brome.

Brome is in DuoTel's territory. He's a buddy of mine & the guy that watches my area as I do his when either is away, plus we help each other out in many ways....ideas, parts, etc.

Tried to get him on here, but he's not too computer savy...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
ahh, interesting, we have the ormstown fair in my backyard, bell drops off this trailer and dodge ram van with holes in its sides to provide 2 banks of phones one at each end of the site

Jay, a recovering IT guy
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,787
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,108 Shoretel
188,987 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (KRRath, nonameyet), 137 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024