web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#52257 10/25/04 08:22 AM
OP Offline
I have recently purchased a used Inter-TEl model # AXXESS Rev LVL AH that was installed in our bldg by the previous renter. We had a local company come out and update the software and get it set up in a basic way, Our company voicemail worked fine for 4 weeks and now suddenly we get a voicemail upplugged message displayed on the main recptionist phone and all who call and get to the voice mail get a greeting saying that the voicemail has not been set up yet. Can anyone tell me what the heck may have happened or point me to a good resource to getting it up again.

I have rebooted the system and still the same, I have tried removing and reinstalling the voice mail card which I am assuming is the EVMC card.

I greatly appreciate any help!!!!

Thank You
Dave Potter
800-967-6607

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

mrb Offline
this could be one of a few things...bad cable. bad ports, bad harddrive, etc. I would have the service company come back out. sorry i couldn't help further.

It has been awhile now since you posted your request and i would like to know what you determined the trouble was. Was the cable between the EVMC and the processor (RS232 port)not connected or did you have to reload the software?

Dave - you shouldn't have to reset anything other than the EVMC card. Press the reset button on the card and if after 5 minutes that doesn't bring it back, then unlock the tabs at the top/bottom of the card and pull it out about 1 inch. No more than an inch, or you'll disconnect the ribbon cable pins. Older cards don't have a reset button, just reseat the card.

If your callers are hearing a voicemail greeting when your voicemail is down, there's only one explaination and that's the phone company where you get your dialtone has voicemail service attached to your lines and you want to get rid of that.

I used to work for the Seattle branch office of Inter-Tel and I've heard this scenario a dozen times. And then I saw Randy Mesec's response (Hey, Randy!) and had to throw my 2 cents worth into the mix.

Andrea

Andrea

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024