web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
So let's start with what we did onsite:

-Ticket requested to troubleshoot international calling. Found out that problem was with all abound dialing, and it was sporatic. Later found out that it wasn't just dialing, but in progrees outbounds would also be dropped periodically.

-Windstream informed us router had been changed twice

-Checked all programming for the system as it relates to the PRI. Found PRI only configured for 19 channels instead of 22. Changed config, but should not cause the problem.

-Assisted Windstream tech with testing
-At the time of the testing with Windstream, we got zero calls to fail
-One user did have a call to fail, we were unable to duplicate.
-Windstream left site
-I then did about 120 test calls, and the problems would come in bunches. 16 good calls, 12 bad, 16 good, 12 bad, 19 good, 6 bad...then it became more random

-Called Windstream and asked them to monitor the PRI. Made 40+ test calls and could not get one to fail. Released Windstream.
-Isolated each channel on PRI and made 4-6 test calls from each channel. No failures on any test calls.

The site contact on the ticket suggested we replace the phone system. Also told me the problems started after the cutover to Windstream.

This is what I think:
-The phone system is has no mechanical problem.
-The Cisco IAD has no mechanical problem.
-The two units are not integrating well together.
-It seems the problem is timing(?). The Cisco Unit has trouble sending the proper timing to the Merlin Magix. The Magix is set to get the timing from the network(the Cisco). We could set the Magix to control the timing, but the issue will still remain. I checked the error logs, and there are not a significant amount frame slippage over the course of a week. However, during the time of failure, the frame slips do spike.

It is my opinion, and it is just an opinion, that if we replaced the router and phone system 100 times, this will still be a problem. I look forward to any ideas and suggestions that anyone has that may lead us to a solution.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Moving topic to the Avaya forum.

I Love FEATURE 00

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024