Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Lets start a new thread on this in the Vertical category in regards to line size.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

In the MBX, I'd like to see:
1. Station side SIP supported
2. When extension A is forwarded to ext. B, the caller end up in station A's mailbox.
3. Better (and clearer) documentation.

In the SBX, I'd just like to make money selling it. And I am afraid of feeling the same pain with the MBX.

CCR options..Busy/no response/etc. Transfer directly to a mailbox. Same for overflow in Station groups.

Call logs for Hunt groups. very Handy

VM admin & system admin from more then just the Attendant phone. also admin from a softphone/ip phone. Makes remote admin easier.

Proper passwords for ftp. The existing one is a security problem.

Softphone. NETDSS on a key doesn't help, it should say the extension number. I've not tried the separate pc running the blf manager, but it sounds a bit clumsy, and requires a pc.

Names, It would be nice to have the same setup as a cell phone. Press 2 three times for c, instead of pressing 2, then press 3 for the third digit.

Get rid of the blinking light on CFNA and DND. Way too distracting. same on Flex keys. The display already says it's forwarded!

Speed dial access. Who is going to search the speed dial for an internal extension? External dial by name is option 3, you can't even see it when you dial by name. It should be option 1.

Bluetooth.

PGM 227 authorization. Allow duplicates in remote PC admin.

smtp vm settings. programmable port settings. Many ISPs now restrict port 25.

sip port 5060 not adjustable.It looks like it is but doen't work in PC admin. I don't know about doing it on a keyset.

Flex key access to remote mailboxes on networked systems. also a msg light on the key.

Get rid of the high pitched beep on certain functions and when accessing admin etc. maybe a lower pitched beep?

When programming a speed dial, if your first digit is a star (*) key, it turns on display security? Maybe some other digit or nothing? Right now you have to press pause or D-tone to just have a star at the front of the dialing string. We use it for provider voicemail access (*98), co call forward cancel *73 etc.

Cheaper network license costs and voib cards. The costs currently limits sales.

easyset-needs a redesign. so does Nomad.

PC attendant? LG LDK has one.

iphone/android/smartphone softphone app?

I'll leave it at that. If all the ideas on this posting were applied to this system can you imagine how many more sales it would generate?

When I say posting I mean the entire page, not just my stuff.

Every suggestion on this page comes from an end user or a tech who sees potential by adding the feature. Yes, it costs money to implement, but the extra sales should more then offset the costs.

SBX should go to 15-16 CO ports, but I think the architecture limits it. maybe a high density CO card, say, 6 ports. They did it with stations, why not CO's

SBX - better ring sounds!
SBX - breakout cables need to be wired different so your extension numbers dont bounce around on the blocks, or change the port numbering on the cards(which I doubt they do)
SBX - dump the Windows based program and go to a Web based programming tool!

us linux guys need some love too!
I second the Android/Iphone app idea too, what a selling point that would be, to be able to do some phone functions i.e. forward your deskphone to your cell phone from your cell phone out in public somewhere, then make a call from your cellphone's data plan connected to the office so no one knows your not in the office!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Improve the documentation, especially the programming and operations guide for the SBX and MBX.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Improve the documentation, especially the programming and operations guide for the SBX and MBX.
aok

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Type ahead on the voice mail. I hate waiting for the associated prompt to end before I can enter a digit.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

WAVE:
1. If you add a SIP phone and you goto the features (buttons), if they list the option as a button, it should work.. System park/ Directed Park... They will park but not retrieve without an additional button programmed for autodial and the *65 or *63 code... Waste of more buttons.

The Tech of Southwest Michigan
Stevensville, MI

How do I get the blue smoke back into the system??
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,795
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,008 CTX100 install
187,392 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
dexman 5
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 177 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024