web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Whenever I get a chance I'll post my modified table. Probably not until next week sometime. No you don't need to reset for changes to take effect, who did you talk to at vertical that told you that? You want to go higher with your numbers also, and I don't believe that the cap is 30.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
I couldn't really understand the guys name at vertical, sounded like he said " stark " or something like that, but, as far as that field, I went thru the phone, and it does give a range from 0 to 35 with the default at 10.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Ehh not really something I'd do through the phone. I'm d/l the offline editor into this laptop atm and if the tables the same I'll show you what to change.

Well offline editor looks nothing like the real thing as we all know, but this should give you the jist of it. Editor claims values are 0-63, I personally have never gone above 40, I think 38-40 you will start to get clipping/other unwanted audio.
You will have to test this by changing in increments and testing as this will all vary by site. These are also not the settings I load on, just showing the table and what I have found to be what.

[Linked Image from i370.photobucket.com]

Ok. You have your FROM column descending.
The horizontal column is what it is going to.

Acob = analog co
Dcob = digital co

Red - ACOB -> DKT This controls volume from your analog co line to the 4024, on the handset (see below for note, but there is a seperate paramater for dkt speaker)

Black - DCOB -> DKT, from aforementioned this explains itself

Yellow - VMIB to DKT -> controls volume of VM to phone. (usually don't need to fool with this, MBX is a different story here though)

Blue - DTIB -> ACOB controls outgoing volume from 4024 (no idea why they have separate names: dkt/dtib: but from what I have played around with dtib in the descending column is your 4024.

I also notice in this the lack of the speaker gain controls, DECT, etc, but the same logic applies.

Should clear things up a little. There is no documentation on this as far as I know. This is all my experimentation on what does what.

I suggest changing in small increments, 2-5 max at a time, with testing in-between until you get used to seeing what you can get away with. I'll get a screenshot of the real thing with my modified table sometime next week probably, busy round here.

Thanks , Dtcd21 ! That looks like something, that makes Sense

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
No problem. This was one of the most painful looking things in the SBX programming to me personally, but once you break it down and know what does what, if you ever have a problem or complaint about it you'll have resolve in a minute. The only hard part, if you're having complaints about the speakers, is after adjusting in this table, getting the customer to not crank the volume at the phone mad .
Also I've found that personally I don't believe the speakers in the 4024 phones are all that bad, it's the sbx. I did some toying around with gain controls in the MBX and I could be on the other side of a 20x15 or so room and have crystal clear audio either way.

[Linked Image from i370.photobucket.com]

Modified table. Not pushing the limits but getting close to it with this customers setup(few handset amps). A lot different from the offline editor, with the addition of dti_spk and the column sorting is different, but you should get the idea.

OP Offline
I went through these settings too and figured out which ones the customer likes...I just didnt post this until I look today and saw this post blowing up...sorry it took me so long

While we're discussing this I have an SBX using STS phones & the customer says on conference calls (using speaker phones)they can hear fine but the other end can not hear them. Exactly which setting needs to be played with. I saw the charts in pgm 400.

David

dti spk -> acob

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024