web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#225241 04/13/12 07:34 AM
OP Offline
Hi guys, I am replacing 2 of my old Teltronics 10 button non display phones and i'm running into a problem.

The phones I bought were already programmed to another system and when I plug them in I guess they are just sticking to their old programming instead of my extension number.

Is there a way to reset the device? When I had new replacements all I had to do was plug them in and press 7,I think, its been a while, and the phone picked up the programming that the other had.

I am simply replacing and old station with this one, so it will take over the extension number of the old phone.

There is not much literature out there that I could find, I guess this system died well before the internet :-/

Thanks in advance!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#225242 04/19/12 08:24 AM
OP Offline
Still hunting an answer on this if anyone knows, thanks.

#225243 04/19/12 09:38 AM
Wish I could help...I only have seen one of these before, and it was unplugged in a phone closet catching dust....maybe station relocate is active on your system? I am grabbing in the dark though...

#225244 04/19/12 04:30 PM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Sorry, I missed your post earlier because my dealer training was when it was known as the SRX.
7 [R] is used to replace an instrument. 3 [E] followed by 10 digits is used for entering a new [E] extension.
If the phones blinked when you plugged them in, you should have used the digit 3. Now, they are recognized and can only be removed from the system by plugging in another phone and dialing 7 to replace it.

However, when you add a new extension by dialing 3 followed by 10 zeros, they default to factory settings which are never very useful (in my opinion). SRX was a very powerful system but required a 2 week training class to become certified.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

#225245 04/23/12 02:11 AM
OP Offline
Dave, thank you very much.

Just to verify

Scenario 1. If I have extension 125 and I simply want to replace the phone but keep the extension and programming, I plug the replacement phone in and dial 7 to replace.

Scenario 2. If I have extension 125 and I want to replace the phone, use a different extension and return to factory programming I will dial 3 then the 10 digit number...(on the new phone or the old phone?)

This is good info thanks again, I am going to tool around with my phone today and see if I can get it replaced.

#225246 04/23/12 10:16 AM
Adding new extensions (SDNs)is easier to do with a PC running a terminal program or the host program. Then you just create an SDN number and enter the actual serial number off the phone.

To do it from just the phone means that I'll have to dig out the manual to be sure, but I somewhat recall that if you wanted to create a new extension using the phone set, you would dial 3 + the new 3-digit extension that you wanted and then dial 7 additional zeros. So creating 126, say, would be 3 + 1260000000.

If that doesn't work, just reply and I'll confirm the sequence. This 126-0000000 method I'm thinking of may have depended upon performing host software programming prior to having the actual serial number set.

I do have the manuals, its just that they're in storage.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

As long as the phone you purchased was not registered on that system, you should just plug it in to the original phones location and wait for the flashing lamps then press 7. If not there is problably something wrong with those replacements. Try plugging the orinal back in, hitting 7 and then try over with the replacements. Good Luck!

Acquired a SRX Vision system w/ new building.

How do I manually deregister a phone?
How do I copy an extensions setup to a new phone so both work?
I tried the manual it did not work.

I am only able to swap using (7)
and using (3) I get only internal phone access...no outside lines?

Easy way to program these w/ just the phone keypad?

Ricky

Also, how do I change the system time?

I don't have any type of direct PC hookup, only the stations to work with.

thanks!
RB

PM sent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,763 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 67 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024