web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#539521 11/13/12 06:10 PM
OP Offline
We have a DS2000 system that we’re having trouble with the CID on. The system has only been installed a few weeks and the problem has been present since it was installed. The system has the 8 port trunk card (part #80011B) with build in caller ID and 22 button display keysets. The software is the latest 3.22.12. About 70% of the time, the calls show up as Unavailable on all keysets. The remainder of the time the keysets display the caller id information correctly or display “wireless caller”. A lot of the times the calls are coming from the same caller/number and they’ll display Unavailable and then the next time they display correctly. To make it even stranger, there have been a few occasions where the caller that showed up as unavailable on the keysets has left a voice mail (Intramail) and the caller ID information is stored correctly in the voicemail.

Any idea what could be causing this? These are 4 POTS trunks, btw. I haven’t had a chance to set up an analog phone in front of the system to see whether or not the ring cadence is per NEC’s recommendations. I will do that soon, but with the CID information being stored in the voicemail system yet displaying unavailable on the keysets, I doubt that is the issue. Any idea what would cause that? I have thought about setting up an SMDR terminal on the system to see whether or not it’s being reported there while showing unavailable on the keysets as well. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Dahammer; 11/13/12 06:12 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
The Dsp caller I'd was flakey. Back when they were were still being sold NEC would send out caller ID daughter cards for finicky lines.

OP Offline
Will the daughter board work with the 80011B, even though it's intended for the 80011A?

OP Offline
Another question. Could I install a DSX COIU trunk card in the DS2000 KSU and get the benefit of the newer caller ID?

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I wouldn't expect it to work , different software , different KSU , different system

why not just upgrade to the DSX ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
The B card will take a daughter board.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by skip555
I wouldn't expect it to work , different software , different KSU , different system

why not just upgrade to the DSX ?

I found an old post here by eriway that said that NEC tech support suggested using the DSX card in the DS KSU. I was just wandering if anyone had actually tried it and what how it worked.

Originally Posted by ttech
The B card will take a daughter board.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Dahammer; 11/14/12 10:31 AM.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,759 Shoretel
188,951 CTX100 install
187,193 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024