web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm trying to get realtime SMDR data logged to a file. I have hyperterminal listening on a server machine on port 10020. In WebMMC, here are the MMC xxx settings I applied (this is a Samsung OS7400):

Update to LAN Card: Yes
Printer IP Address: (address of computer running HyperTerminal)
Printer TCP Port: 9100
LAN TCP Port: 10020
Printer Destination: PC

Updated the MMC no problem. Settings appear to be applied. Nothing coming through on HyperTerminal. I've verified that I can connect to the hyperterminal listener using telnet from my desktop machine. I type and it shows up in the hyperterminal window, so HT is working, the phone system is just not doing its thing! What am I missing?

Last edited by nameless; 11/16/12 12:30 PM. Reason: Please don't post non-customer level MMC's
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I'm not sure what that LAN TCP port is all about in that mmc.

The port you are looking for is 5100

OP Offline
The phone system has port 5100 open, if I telnet to it I successfully connect but nothing ever shows up. Is there an SMDR On/Off somewhere? All the SMDR options I see in WebMMC are basically just to configure what fields appear in the SMDR data...

Isn't the phone system supposed to initiate a connection to your LAN printer and send the latest SMDR data periodically? Configuring the MMC to connect to an actual LAN printer will be my next step if I can't do what I need here... I'd accept help with doing that too, if anyone would care to offer it. Basically, all I've got is the phone system and WebMMC and I've so far failed to extract any SMDR data. Ideally I'd like to log it to a file in realtime but I'd settle for printing it if that's not possible.

Also, I understand that to apply these settings you need to have "Update to LAN Card" set to "Yes" - could it be that I need to reboot the system as well?

Jack of all trades, master of some.
OP Offline
Bumping my topic in the hopes that someone has an answer. Come on guys, no one has experience getting electronic SMDR records out of an OfficeServ?

Jack of all trades, master of some.
5.6.2 LAN PRINTER
Printer IP address : IP of phone system
Printer Destination : PC

Leave ports default (9100 & 10020)

5.6.3 SMDR Options
Check most things yes

Open HyperTerminal:

Connect using TCP/IP Winsock
Host Address : phone system IP
Port number : 5100

Sha-BANG!
Yahoo!

Refresh your LAN PRINTER page and the Current Status should go to PC

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,581 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024