web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
If the system has an mpb 2 card...which has an Ethernet port, extension 222 most likely exists already. If it is an mpb1 which the older version does not an Ethernet port the last extension number is 196 by default. To someone familiar with the programming this it is pretty easy to change extension numbers.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
$600 for 2 days labor? I think you hired a handyman. My bill would have been for around $1500. But I doubt whatever they did wouldn't have taken most of us here anywhere near that long.

I suggest you hire a journeyman technician and see if they are willing to give you a few pointers. Even the best system in the world is just a piece of junk if not installed properly.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

itguy77 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Derrick
If the system has an mpb 2 card...which has an Ethernet port, extension 222 most likely exists already. If it is an mpb1 which the older version does not an Ethernet port the last extension number is 196 by default. To someone familiar with the programming this it is pretty easy to change extension numbers.

The system does not have a mpb2, It only has mpb1. The last tech changed something so about 3 people in our office has extensions in the 200's, and need another phone in the 200's.

From what you said about it having up to 196 by default, I was able to change the phones extension and name to anything under 195 so thats working..

I guess what im looking for is how to mask extension 150 so people can dial 250 and it ring 150 (or something).

Then there comes in how do I add someone to a group (1 extension that rings multiple extensions).

I really wish I had the admin manual for this thing.

Derrik I just read your PM, We would need to discuss and make sure I have everything i need (hardware on myside) before we started.. but im open to that idea of phone support.

What you want is called Flexible Numbering Assignment but it has to be done in system administration. You have to have the manual. We can't give out step by step instructions here.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024