web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
it may surprise you to know two of them were ABPs.
BP's are not allowed to sell to people who resell the product.

What makes you think Avaya is going to talk to you?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

OP Offline
I'm a hopeful kinda guy.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
The cost of AVAYA tech support may supprise you. Thats if they will work with you. What Hal said is right, with out authorized tech support your on a sinking ship. IP Office is differect enough with tech suport.

OP Offline
I've dealt with Avaya for a long time. This is pre-sales question not how-to. I'm not looking for tech support I am looking for product information. The company I represent has not bought anything yet they are simply asking for a proposal of what they can do and what it will cost. Supposedly, that is what this forum is for.

Last edited by Jack Salvadore; 12/02/12 05:12 PM.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I recommend that the company interested in the Avaya IPO and mobile twining feature contact their "local" ABP, that way the ABP can go out and do a in-house consultation/evaluation of the customer's needs, wants, and requirements and then put together a firm quote along with a on site demo.

That way the customers knows exactly what they are getting and will have a relationship with a company that will be there to support them in the future.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Fair enough, Mitch. Can you refer me to one that actually knows the IP Office? Cuz the two I contacted did not. One said I need VM Pro if I want to hear the cell phone ring. Yeah, they really said that. The other said he'd call Catalyst and get back to me. Never did. It is really disappointing to find how information on this product is so very hard to come by even when you pursue recognized channels.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Have you tried the ABP locator on the Avaya web-site?
And I agree that there are a few ABPs out there that should not be ABPs. But don't let a couple bad apples spoil the bushel.

www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
I started there. Will try again.

I'm sold on the IPO but then I have 30 years of IT/Telecom tech experience behind me. But if this was my first exposure to the product I'd have some serious reservations. Probably would advise NEC instead. Notice I did not say Cisco.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
I agree,… the Avaya IPO is a class act.
But, with your experience, I'm sure you will agree that knowing the product, proper pre-install planning, installation and post installation support is the "key" to any successful installation and customer satisfaction.

www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Of course. But they already have that when they bought the IPO (not from me). They just want to add some features. It's not like I am trying to sell them the thing, they just want to add some new features. I see no need for a dog and pony show just to turn up a new feature. And the whole reason they asked me as opposed to the original installers was because they didn't like the way they did business.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,941 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024