web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have a customer with Charter service. Three T-1's bonded together via an Adtran router. They give us a single PRI on an interface card to connect to a Samsung OS500r2. This has been working well since June 2012. After the new year holiday the incoming calls are distorted one-way. Caller hears customer fine. Customer hears caller distorted. Outbound calls are fine both ways. Charter sees constant clock clips when we plug the OS500 into the PRI interface. They are hung up on this. They refuse to look further until the slips are minimized. Charter claims no software or hardware upgrades were done over the holiday. We have changed out the SMCP (processor) of the phone system - no go. I don't buy the clock clock slips as the problem. What do you think?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Good Luck with this one...I have been fighting with Charter for 3 weeks on SIP trunks on a 100x5 broadband doing the same thing...1-way audio..of course nothing wrong with their stuff..even though I have jitter and packet delay out of this world..they don't care, their tech can ping Google just fine. It's a never ending battle with these people. Tell your local rep. you want an escallation of the ticket..that's what I did and got some more help from a tech that at least knew what SIP trunks were..Now I'm into week 4 and hopefully we can get something done today...Funny I would have the same problem you are having here in MN !!!!
Good Luck

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
OP Offline
Sorry, I messsed up the vendor on this. It is not Charter but Windstream.

Demand a field dispatch and have the tech connect a Tberd or HST 3000 to the PRI port and make test calls. At the same time they can look in the Adtran for slips.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Windstream / Charter....all the same ! Charter is part of Windstream now I believe..and I can tell you this from past experience..you will be hard pressed to find a cable tech that will have a Tberd or HST 3000 to test with..most only have a laptop...

...bob...

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
Their timing is off in one of their core routers and/or switch. Something got changed on one side or the other, you need to reach a "good" switch/data ops tech to resolve this. The same thing used to happen with ole Bell, somebody did not like the records settings & changed them back to what they thought were correct but took a customer down in the process. The timing must match all the way thru the network including the PBX.

Keep us posted, of course...

Windstream....GAK!

Call Windstream and ask for a tech to come to the site and bring a Tberd (or equal) to do site testing. If you have a Tberd, you can do the tests first before the tech gets there. You can then prove the problem to their tech. Just pray you get a tech that knows how to set up and read the Tberd.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Windstream was out with a T-Bird ran a couple test calls and saw timing slips coming from the PBX and stopped at that point "fix the timming then we will look at our stuff". That's when we replaced the PRI clock source. No change.Funny thing is once the circuit is disturbed it settles down for a while and then starts up again with lousy voice quality as described above. I brought in a different phone system and tried it - worked fine for the 20 minutes I had it on the PRI. Windstream will not allow me to provide source clock for the PRI interface because their "data network uses a different clock source than their TDM PRI's". Whatever! I will take my own T-Bird Monday and try it for a prolonged period of time. Thanks.

Online Content
If you truly have slips it has to be from your switch. The provider can't slip as they are the source, you always slave off the provider, they don't slave off you.

The reason it works for awhile after the circuit is interupted is because it causes a re-sync, but it will slowly go back out of time until you get your clock setting correct.

I don't like Windstream or cable company's for T-1's but in this case I agree with them, it's not their problem. Unless of course they didn't set it up properly to check for slips. Also it shouldn't matter if it's outbound or inbound unless your outbound doesn't use the PRI.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
There's the rub. Outbound calls are fine. They use the PRI just like incoming. Only incoming and only one side of the conversation. I understand slipping is a problem but it doesn't cause a problem for the outbound calls and that's where my beef with Windstream is. They can point at the slips and I can point at the fact that voice quality is fine outbound and inbound, one-way. These bonded data services are the worst!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024