web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with a offsite unit that had a PTP T1 installed and 2 TA850s to send analog dial tone from the main campus. Now both units show no Net and are throwing LCV and UAS errors which Adtran docs show as either a down T1 or an incorrectly provisioned one.

If I use a hard loopback plug the alarm clears on both units.

The T1 never shows an alarm at the smart jack unless I unplug it from the TA850.

Telco says the have it provisioned correctly as b8zs esf but I have my doubts since it stopped working about the same time the customer did a disconnect of most of the telco's services.

Any ideas?

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Telco may very well be correct.

If you were seeing an alarm at the smart jack *with* the equipment connected it would be a whole another ballgame.

You need someone with a T-Berd or JDSU to test the circuit at the end point of the smart jack, looping plug is fine but it doesn't really tell the whole story.

Good luck.

"...Time moves slowly and it goes so fast..."

(Sandy Denny)
If you do a soft loop through the Adtran, what happens?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Telco needs to DPO & test the PT2PT H2H.

jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Soft loop to remote doesn't work from either device.

Jon

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt"

Mark Twain
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I'll echo the others. Test the T-1. And don't forget to test the patch cables from the T-1 to the Adtrans. I can't count the number of times I've found good equipment, good circuits and rotten patch cords.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
jonmyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Found out yesterday that the LEC's circuit is good but the CLEC said they had a disconnect order from NOV2012 which they worked on 09JAN13. My customer doesn't have any record of that request and it didn't come from me and it only took 3 trouble tickets and 13 days for them to figure it out. Of course, the first 2 trouble tickets came back as NTF, problem on PBX which is amazing since their circuit was disconnected. Make you wonder what "testing" they actually do since they never came onsite.

Customer had to resort to POTS lines in the interim and is now going to challenge the CLEC's procedures and test results.

Jon

Mark Twain
In my years at Bell Telephone, working with switchmen, this was known as "The trouble is leaving the CO just fine."

I have come to realize that the work of proving a circuit good or bad is in the technicians hands. The LECs and CLECs only look at their specific portion of the circuit and have no inclination to do an end to end test. Most of the time, with the exception of some Verizon techs, the LEC and CLEC techs have no or very limited training on how to properly test a "high cap" circuit. It's up to us to do what the LEC used to do. If you don't have a Tberd or equivalent, and you have systems with T-1, PTP T-1, or PRI circuits, you better get one and learn how to use it.

We had an old T-Com unit that worked very well on T-1 and we used it, sporadically over the years. However, in the past two years, we had to get a Tberd that can test all the circuits. That device paid for itself in just two months. Beside the savings, the satisfaction of knowing your equipment is functioning properly and the problem is definitely with the LEC is priceless.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
For many CLECs & IXCs the function of the C.O. technician has changed. In days gone bye, a tech would wire a circuit, test with the LEC, provision equipment and so on.
With the advent of remote testing systems, DCS's & soft switches....coupled with the rise of high bandwidth circuits and decline of low bandwidth circuits.....C.O. technicians are (in my case) tasked primarily with installing equipment & connecting/disconnecting wires/fibers.
The testing, provisioning & activation of circuits & equipment is handled by centrally located groups of people who are tasked with those functions.

Last edited by dexman; 02/02/13 07:22 AM.

I Love FEATURE 00

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
jsaad 2
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 134 guests, and 352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024