web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
a customer is getting annoying calls from an unwanted caller at their place of business.
They have one of the numbers of the calling party...can they use their Nortel to block that number from incoming?
Is there programming for that? ATT won't do it. Police are no help.
I suggested transfer, 9, 9,1,1
But they are afraid of getting the cops mad at THEM.
Thanks in advance

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
They can flash (link) and dial *57, which will report nuisance calls to the log in the central office. They'd still have to call the police to get them to obtain the call details. Verizon charges 75 cents per use of this feature here, so I'm sure that at&t's charge will be comparable.

They can also subscribe to the call block feature (*70) and add this number to the blocked calls list. Unfortunately, they would have to add this feature to all of their lines, or at least the first few.

Either way, there is a cost from at&t for these services that they will have to pay. It may only need to be in place for a short time until they get the calling to cease.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Hi Ed, thanks for your quick reply.
My customer said that they asked Att if they could block the calls using the feature you suggested since they had the caller i.d. and Att told them they could only block local numbers. This happens to be a long distance number. Is Att wrong? (they usually are)
Also, even though the number appears to be from the states, the voice / accent they hear is from India or Pakistan. They were hoping the Nortel could block...but I guess not.

Even though they don't want to transfer the calls to 911, they just might transfer them elsewhere...just to get rid of them and annoy them and hopefully get them to stop.

I haven't tested this yet, but, who's caller id would show up if they transfer calls? Theirs or the perpetrator?

Thanks again!

Their Caller ID will show up, not the perps.

Here's what I've done in the past for clients:

Assuming client has a CallPilot 100/150, go to CID routing, enter annoyance # in field, then either route to an information mailbox ("Hello...please stand by while we route this call to the police.."), or you can send it to the GD mailbox, etc.

Last edited by Danny_Ocean; 02/07/13 11:16 PM.

D. Ocean
Miami, FL

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024