web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
remark Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a Partner ACS Im trying to ring line 3 thru existing overhead paging system after hours. Problem is it(the ACS) replaced a Merlin plus with Merlin SAA triggering a Bell Systems relay and external tone generator to create the Paging ring tone after hours for line 3. The electrician put an after hours toggle switch upstairs on the feed diverting signals back downstairs thru the relay to accomplish this somehow. They also have an
Employee break timer and a septic tank alarm going thru the same amp/set-up. How do I eliminate the SAA and accomplish the same thing thru the ACS? It is a Avaya Partner ACS R6 with 13 phones and Partner Mesaging. I thought I could put the wire plugged into the SAA alert directly into extention 22 on the ACS phone system and have line 3 ring only ext 22 in night service mode. I blew out the extention port and am now baffled. Help.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Well, you don't want to use the SSA, that's for the Merlin system. Don't know why it damaged the Partner port but it's not going to work with Partner. What kind of relay is the "Bell Systems" relay? You want a relay that will respond to normal POTS line ringing although keep in mind that the Partner ring voltage tends to be low- around 45-60 volts rather than the standard 90. You will want to connect that relay directly across the T/R of an extension port (no interface) and program that extension as you have said. Other than that, however the contacts are wired should still be OK. Port rings and relay pulls in.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 02/05/13 02:32 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
remark Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok. I found a line voltage relay (thanks sandman) that works off extension ringing. The old Bell Systems relay was bad. Changed out the 308 module with blown port. All works fine except night service button at ext 10 blinks when you turn it on. Can't activate it for some reason. What might cause nite button to blink?

try system password #403,sounds like password control and not button control for night service.

There is a system password set. You have to enter it in order to switch to night service.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 104 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024