web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#548572 03/26/13 11:51 AM
Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
This really should be a simple task, but yeah.. We just added the MOH feature to our Mitel 5000. In the Mitel DB Programming application, I located File-Based MOH. I deleted the Test file, and clicked "add to File Based MOH list". I see a starting ID option and a Number of ID's option. I really have no idea what these options mean, so I just left it the way it was figuring I can go back and set it correctly after I get my Wav file uploaded. So I right click on Description, and click Assign File. It shows me a file called Default_moh.n64u. There's no option to add another file, or browse my computer for the wav file I want..

I'm at a stand still here, and honestly a bit frustrated because it shouldn't be this complicated. I've tried Googleing "how to set file based music on hold mitel 5000" and have come up with nothing that will help me. Just a lot of descriptions on what music on hold is on the Mitel 5000.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Open System A&D, click on the Utilities tab and select MOH Utility. Follow the prompts to convert and upload the music file. Once that’s done, you can assign the file in DB programming.

Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you so much!

One other thing… make sure to test the audio level, it might be a little hot when the file is converted. If needed, convert the file again and decrease the gain under advanced settings. You can then upload and assign the file again.

Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, got it converted and uploaded. Now, I went to test this by assigning the file to my own phone so that it will play when I put someone on hold. When I call my phone, and put myself on hold, I just hear the typical, "beep beep". Did I do something wrong here? I even exited the program and restarted to see if it just needed that to reset. It was a no go though. Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

This is what I'm looking at.
[Linked Image from www5.picturepush.com]

EDIT: Even when I set it to silence on the Hold option it still beeps.

Last edited by Doberz; 03/26/13 12:45 PM.
Start at the beginning and work your way to the phone. Check MOH settings on the trunk group, auto attendant, hunt group, etc.

I’ll bet the trunk group is set to Tick Tone.

Doberz Offline OP
OP Offline
Got it going. I set it to the trunk group, and it seems to work for everyone. Thanks again!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024