web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
To the others seeing 7.5 crashes, have you seen it on new installs (fresh install of 7.5, then programmed), or on any 7.5 system?

The reason I ask is that we upgraded our in-house system to 7.5.2.3 and settings here and there were lost. For example, the imap port, 143, was no longer open on the WAN. The system (a 48X!) would crash after five minutes [it was functioning as a router for only five people (although this was possibly due to the DoS attack against system that were hacked and then subsequently patched but I didn't have time to capture packets)]. To fix it I put in a different router and disabled ping (stealth dmz).

As a general rule, never install the newest allworx software until it's been out for about six months or has seen about 3 or 4 revisions. This software is on the portal as "not having seen a diverse range of deployments", which is their way of saying its beta.

Last edited by justingoldberg; 06/29/13 03:20 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Arede Offline OP
OP Offline
Update:
My customer's installer downgraded their loaner box to 7.4, and still had the same issues of crashing every 6 hours, so it is not a sftw issue. So I had him unplug the WAN port for a weekend, and the system stayed up the whole time. Soon as it was connected again, back to 6 hour crashes.
So this is definitely not a hardware or sftw issue. Customer did pay the installer to install a firewall at install but the one they wanted to put in was back ordered. Hopefully they will get that in soon. If his system is being attacked then that should solve it. If it doesn't, than this must be a Broadvox issue. So a new SIP provider might be the next step if they can't fix it.
Not there yet, but at least we're narrowing it down.
Thanks all for the input, I'll post resolution once we get there.

Arede Offline OP
OP Offline
Had a new tech go out there Monday, and couldn't really find much, however he did see a verizon router connected to the network that was for his cable TV in the waiting room. They disconnected it just to rule out a conflict, and surprise surprise system has been up ever since. Turns out it is a couple years old and had a known issue for "every 6 hours" trying to ping and if it didn't get through it would throw a monkey wrench in the network. Which would explain the every 6 hour crash, something so simple but took so long for it to be noticed. Hope this helps someone out there one day, and again I appreciate everyone's input in the matter.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 50 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024