web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
How do I see what my current licensing is? Can you still get upgrade licenses?

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
You should be able to view licensing information in VMMI. I don't believe licensing upgrades are available any longer for that product. Your best bet would be to find an existing CPU and magic number with the licensing that you desire.

Justin

You can get the licensing from Hoosiers. They have all the old Comdial license software

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
On the voice mail couldn't you change the transfer to destination for that user's extension to their external phone? Set the transfer type from blind to wait for ring, and set the ring count. It should try that extension, hold the call in a conf call keeping that port active until the ring count expires and then pull the caller back into the voice mailbox. Never tried this but was thinking this should work.

Anthony Cascarelli

ARG Communications, Inc.
Wilmington, DE 190805

www.whyarg.com
OP Offline
That's what I tried, but it isn't able to cancel the transfer properly. I can see the voicemail software trying, but instead it fails and connects the call anyway.

I saw a setting in the PBX integration for transfer cancel, but I didn't want to try messing with it. It's hooked up to the PBX's serial port for communications.

-J

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Admin
Admin
Which is why that those of us who have been around these systems for 20 plus years tell you it can't be done. Many many dealers fought with this...looks like it should work but doesn't. The only way several of us could make it work was with Dialogic cards only and 3 way calling on the CO lines.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
Well, after some more fiddling and testing I believe I have this working properly!

First I tested with by butt set on one of the Voicemail analog lines to see if cancelling the transfer was possible, like the IST phone guy suggested. It was.

The only thing that needed to be changed was the sequence to return the call from busy for external calls: from @,! to just a hookflash !

Very happy about this!!!

The only problem I've found so far is that the caller ID info is lost so the message is just from "Outside Caller".

-J

Last edited by compu_85; 08/22/13 05:11 PM.

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Admin
Admin
If the end user is happy without CID then you're good to go. On everyone we installed the customer was not happy not knowing who was calling. Never had anyone accept that but your customer may be more tolerant.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
The caller ID info was lost anyway IIRC, or it just gave the number of the office instead of the caller's number.

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
OP Offline
A small update:

I had to fiddle with the transfer sequence a little bit more. Here is what I ended up with:

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

On the mailbox I configured it to "Wait for Answer", "Get Caller's Name", and to give up after 3 rings. Note that it actually will ring the remote phone 4 or 5 times before sending the call to the voicemail box. I have the remote user's answering machine set to pick up after 6 rings.

[Linked Image from lh5.googleusercontent.com]

I also found that our old phone installer's statement that it would be impossible to forward a call outside the system without installing another set and using CFOS was incorrect. I changed the user's mailbox & extension number, then set up a virtual extension on her original number. I set up a routing box in the voicemail system using the virtual extension number which always forwards calls to her new extension number.

So when someone internal dials her old extension it is sent right to the voicemail system, and like when someone outside calls the VM collects their name, puts them on hold, calls her, announces the call, and connects. She is very happy with this setup, as am I. One note: The voicemail waits for some audio on the line before announcing the call, so if the remote person never says "hello" it will not connect the call.

Incidentally if she doesn't answer and the call is returned to voicemail it does get the correct caller ID info on the message cool

Rather Be Fishing: When you say DialLogic card what do you mean? I believe our Voicemail PC's line car is made by DialLogic.

Thanks,

-Jason

Jason Perkins
Network Engineer
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,443 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,079 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Touch Tone Tommy, nonameyet, Toner, JBean3329), 145 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024