web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have an IPO that's driving me nuts.
One station 6241 is changing itself to 6239 for no apparent reason.
I looked at the extension and it has the appropriate shelf and port assigned to it. User looks right in the translations but the guy has 6239 show up on his phone and calls are routing to his voice mail.
6239 has no phone associated with it, but if I remember right it does have an old user assigned to it.
I rebooted the system and it seemed to fix the problem until I got out the door and then went back to the wrong display.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Use system status to see if the "Extension" and "Current User Extension" line up. If not, change the base extension number in Manager to match, then reboot.

OP Offline
I'll head over there in a bit. Is there an icon for system status?
Also I was thinking of deleting the unused station, but there is some kind of funny red indicator to the left of the user station number. Not sure what that is. So I'll have to look closer at that before I delete it.
This is all from memory so, at my age, all bets are off.

That funny icon next to the user is a desk, and it's red because it's HOT!! This is a Hotdesking user, who can log in and out from any phone.

My guess is that it is also set up as a "Force Login" with a login idle period set (it will log itself out after being idle for a certain amount of time.)

In Manager, go to the user, then the Telephony tab, then the Supervisor Settings tab. Un tic the Force Login, remove the Login Idle Period settings, and if you don't need it to be a hotdesk user, remove the Login Code.

System Status is a separate application, you can find it in the IP Office programs folder, or in Manager click on File, Advanced, System Status.

Finally, after removing all of those hotdesk settings, go to Extensions, find the extension number that the phone shows when it is logged off, change the base to the extension you want it to be, merge, and go to the phone and dial *36 to release the old extension and set it to the new one.

OP Offline
Thanks Tommy, I actually just got back from there. I went over before I got this good informatiion.
I deleted the station I didn't like and removed the Incoming call route, merged and now all is well.
That seemed to work as well.
I need to go over again to figure out another problem, with a fax number I created, which is getting calls it doesn't want. I'm thinking of giving it an incoming call route to a recording.
It's not working for out going either, but since my dumbell can make calls, local and LD, I think I'll have them call the fax machine people.
Anyway when I get there, I'll play around with the system status.
Thanks again.

Last edited by Boskerthearkite; 08/08/13 11:03 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 79 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024