Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#556549 08/19/13 05:33 PM
Gary S. Offline OP
OP Offline
Sts e has been a great small system. Had to replace only the 2 nd one Fri nite. Lcd no syn after power cycle and reset button on board. Storm damage and water in the phone room also.
My frustration is probably common to others. Had comdial dsu and dxp certification, they went away. Partner acs and legend, they went away. Vodavi sts and xts now they went away. In our conservative central Pa. customers just don't change system to be keeping up.The bean counters do not know the headache they give us service and install Techs.
I don't really like the sbx, because each board sits on another board under it.
IS there another small system that is a good as comdial or vertical that may stay around for a while. Thanks Gary S.

Gary Stevens
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Gary S. #556563 08/19/13 07:32 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Not one that I have installed yet. I hear decent things about X-Blue but can't speak from personal experience. You do remember though that both Comdial and Vodavi used to sell flat pack systems that were configured just like you said....board on top of another board. Remember the Flex 616 and the Executech systems? The card in a real slot system is now becoming a thing of the past just like analog systems with no voice mail integration.

Last edited by Derrick; 08/19/13 07:33 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Gary S. #556565 08/19/13 07:40 PM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Until recently, I would have said the NEC DSX. Right now, this week, I am quoting the Xblue X16 to 3 small customers. It has limitations, but for these three users, it actually appears to be the perfect fit. Otherwise, I generally stick with the SBX and just live with it. But I am considering looking closer at the new NEC product.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Gary S. #556585 08/19/13 10:57 PM
The NEC DSX has been a great altertive to the STS. I still have a few SBX out there but the DSX or the SL 1100 is a great system.

Gary S. #557376 09/03/13 02:27 PM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
DSX isn't going to be around that much longer, NEC is really pressuring dealers to sell the SL1100.

Gary S. #558285 09/20/13 05:22 PM
We've sold quite a few of the NEC SV8100 in the small scenarios.
Also we still sell ESI which has their C-Plus for small and then the CS-50 as well for smaller applications. The ESI stuff I every rarely have to touch its usually a carrier problem that the customer calls about thinking its the system. I have quite a few that have been in service for a long time. Most of my NEC 8100 are 2-3 years old. These are obviously not right at the same price point as the STS was but very solid systems in my opinion.

And a side note I just replaced the oldest STS system that we had out there that I had not touched since the day I installed it about 8 years ago. 4 phones and a wanderer attached to one of them. Stuck in a refurb cabinet and loaded the same database that I had downloaded the day I left. Minus some system speed dials that they had put in and away they were going. Water damage killed it other wise I bet it would have ran a little longer. I tested the battery and still had good voltage on it. Loved the STS and XTS systems.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (James D.), 116 guests, and 285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024