web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#550576 04/25/13 12:00 AM
OP Offline
Have a customer who has replaced several PC's, VIP will not run on some.

Windows 7 64bit.

Loaded the latest version of the VIPSE from ESI's web site. When trying to run the program I get the log in screen fine, press log in and the call control window splashes on the screen momentarily then quits. The program is not running.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, deleting all files from the appdata folder and vip/esi registry entries in the process.

The log file indicates... "Error during Form_load [9] : Subscript out of range" (this appears to a Visual Basics error)It almost seems like the program is getting ahead of itself.

Now for the crazy stuff...If I remote in to a non-working PC via mstsc (remote desktop) the program starts and runs fine, even after closing the remote session. I actually remoted in from a PC that also wont run VIP, unless it is remoted in to too (is that too many to's).

While running a stress test on the PC (to slow down the CPU) and logging in to VIP, the call control window opens with errors; it has ACD "stuff" in it (not running ACD). If I remote in during the stress test the program opens normally with no ACD "stuff".

ESI has escalated the problem to engineering, just wondering if anyone has experienced similar or has any advice in the mean time.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you have changed the PC associated with a VIP extension, the NSP should be restarted. I've had this problem several times (Call control window won't appear) -it is always fixed by restarting the NSP. The NSP does not like to see a change in MAC address.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
We have the exact same problem. It happens to all new computers that have Intel HD Graphics and a Video Card. If only using the Intel HD graphics with two monitors VIP works. If we install a video card whether it be ATI or NVidia we get the subscript out of range error. Most of our call center have three screens now. Older machines with three screens seem to work fine.

Ran into this same problem. you need to call esi tech support they will walk you through a process to get it to work. your going to need basic computer knowledge as well but it did fix this problem for us.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024