web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#561428 11/15/13 10:44 AM
Jessers Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Sundance forum members,

I am new here, thought I would register and ask here since I was reading the other threads and you all sound knowledgeable.

Background:
I have a 48x systems with 26 9224 headsets throughout our building. We have been paging though the phones using the one page zone that we need (460) and the page comes through the phones. This is fine for the most part, but out on the manufacturing floor, we have machines that are loud, and can't hear the pages. I would love to put three or 4 speakers out onto the floor so when we page, the floor can hear the pages too.

Now if the Allworx system doesn't have a way to add paging to the 460 port that's fine, as long as we can page to all 3 or 4 speakers at the same time that would be fine.

Question:
So I am asking you guys, what do I need to purchase to be able to get the kind of page I need. Do I need a paging device, and then hook up speakers do that device? I Honestly don't know what to get I'm a Network Administrator not a PBX guy smile.

I appreciate all your help!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Jessers #561430 11/15/13 11:02 AM
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
At the very least you can hook a paging system into the phone system using a CO line port (assuming you have an open one) so you can get the job done.

Let's wait for one of the Allworx guys to chime in … most systems allow you to page both phones and overhead speakers.

Jessers #561441 11/15/13 02:35 PM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
You have a 3.5 stereo audio mini-jack for MOH (input) and overhead paging (output) --or--you can use a FXO (line ) port--you have 3 of those. That mini-jack is on the far right side looking at the front.

Programming to use both the phones and the overhead speakers should not be a problem, although I've never done that. I think it would be just another code. I'll look in our 6x here in the office to see. I'm thinking that the 48X should be the same.

Can you fill out your profile??....I like to see where everyone is from, and what they do---just curious. Thanks.

You'll need an amplifier, horns and speaker cable and a stereo split plug. Unless you are adept at this, I would call your Allworx dealer to put it in---if he is well versed on paging systems. In order to work and sound good, it's not a project for everyone. JMO. The right kind & size of amp & the right size and kind of horns or speakers need to be used. Not a real big deal, usually, but it's got to be done correctly.

Last edited by JWRacedog; 11/15/13 02:46 PM.
Jessers #561455 11/15/13 06:38 PM
I just checked ours--we use Page group 460 too---and it just goes to the overhead page. But that's because I have not programmed any of the phones to be in that group. So.....it's all in the programming. That should be the last part of the puzzle---you're good to go.

Jessers #561562 11/18/13 02:55 PM
Jessers Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks JWRacedog for all the information!

So, I am going to shop around for some equipment, get it all set up. and report everything on here. I'll post some pic of our install too.

Jessers #561579 11/18/13 07:00 PM
Sounds good!!

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024