web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

We are in the need for a new phone system. We had the Electra Elite IPK, and loved it for the most part. It just recently stopped working. The power won't come back on, and we would need a brand new power supply. Although this isn't that hard to replace, we have decided to get a complete brand new phone system. We have narrowed it down to the SL1100 and Univerge SV8100. Which system in your opinions is a better system. We need something that is very easy to use, and is somewhat like the IPK.

Ideally, we would love to reuse some of our IP phones. I know that the SV8100 supports the Dterm Series E and Series i phones which we have (they have the add-on module). Does the SL1100 support any of these phones?

Thank you in advance for your help. Again, we completely want a brand new system. I know that there is a conversion card for the Elite IPK but we want brand new. Thank you so much.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The SL1100 is just a scaled down version of the SV8100 - Which system is right for you depends on how you use the system for your business, the size of your company, and your growth plans should be taken into consideration to determine if the SL1100 would fit the bill or if you would need to move up to the SV8100.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
The 1100 does not support those phones

OP Offline
Thanks. IP phones is what we are moving to. At most, we will have about 15-20 IP phones, with maybe 1 or 2 digital/analog phones.

Do you know if on an IP phone you get can an analog pstn line? This was sort of a problem on our IPK, is getting the Line access for pstn on an IP phone.

strange how you couldn't get a PSTN trunk to appear on an IP handset. Must just be a programming issue. Should be no limitation on getting a PSTN trunk on an IP phone. Maybe not as good quality than ISDN for calls being made but certainly no limit to having a PSTN trunk appearing as a line key no

Yes - IP phones can have PSTN trunk appearances but had a lot of issues with call drop outs on IP phones on PSTN trunks

There's a reason the SV8100 products cost more and techs are certified by the manufacturer.
The SL1100 system is decent, but it's like comparing a Honda to a BMW.

D

Originally Posted by doghart
There's a reason the SV8100 products cost more and techs are certified by the manufacturer.
The SL1100 system is decent, but it's like comparing a Honda to a BMW.

D

Very true but the sales people sell the SL1100 as a BMW..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
I see. Doing a cost analysis, the phones themselves to replace for the SL1100 would be more than the cost of the PBX. This would be the selling factor: Can the Unvierge SV8100 by itself without an IPK, support Dterm Series E and i phones with the I believe IP-R unit that turns them into IP phones? I like both systems, but it would be most beneficial to keep our existing phones. I know that digital phones work, but IP is where we are headed. Thanks!

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,763 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, BobRobert), 75 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024