web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
zete Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that has had an Allworx 24X since 2011. They have had zero issues. Within the last 60 days one, yes just 1 end-user has been dropping some of his long winded calls with some of his clients.
I have replaced his phone, swapped his layer 2 switch port and have even swapped his cabling to his set. Still drops an ocassional long winded call. Sometimes the calls do not drop at all and sometimes it happens alot?
Oh yea, I upgraded the Allworx Operating System.
They have a PRI and all of the end-users use this PRI for outbound calls.
Any Ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
We'll be moving this to the Allworx forum. Look for it there. It will get many more good looks in the appropriate forum. Thanks

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
I would say look in your system events and see where the disconnect is coming from..Does their service providor"pri" have a call limit timer on the circuit? Might want to check that if he's the only one having the problem and the only one making extended calls like that...just a thought !!!

...bob...

Last edited by Wellco; 12/06/13 09:41 AM.

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
I installed a 6x for a customer---and within a month---he had a problem. He said that on longer calls---all of a sudden the calls would be lost. I spent quite a bit of time checking the phone, cords etc. No trouble found. In fact, I couldn't even make the problem happen.

I got talking to his receptionist, and she said that at timew, he would get quite animated when talking---and that's when the calls would be dropped. I asked her to please watch out--to see when it happened in the next week or so. After about two weeks, she called and said that she found out what was happening.

I went over and she said that when he starts getting excited (he was a rather large guy) when he said certain words--starting with "p" and "t"--the call was disconnected. I tried, but could not make it happen---but when we did a test call with him...and got him to get a bit agitated---sure enough---it happened every time. He purchased a headset---and I never went back for that problem again.

Now....this may not be your problem....but you may look at it just in case.

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024