web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has experience with static in the handset when you are talking. Its almost like the microphone is picking up excess noise. When I search for static, most of the threads I find reference static IP addresses. People are having a hard time talking because the static comes into your ear almost immediately after you say something, so it becomes hard to concentrate. It seems to get louder when you turn up the handset volume.
I am also finding that people are having a hard time hearing us talking - I usually thought this was on the receiving end, but to some extent it has to relate to what the phone on your end picks up when you are talking.
I have checked 4 phones and they all seem to have the same static issue - wondering if its system or line related instead of allworx 9212 related.
I am not using a VOIP system, just analog lines that run into the allworx system.

6x with Current version: 7.1.8.1
I have 10 handsets on the system - all 9212
I switched from a traditional Toshiba system - Had all the data lines already installed for my computers and added the Allworx system from there. I only had the analog lines moved to a better position to work with the 6x.

Thanks
Chad

Last edited by voodoo_ca; 04/25/14 07:13 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check lines at DeMarc with Butt Set?

Check Loop Current?

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I agree with Brokeda...it sounds like a line issue.

1. What kind of lines? Are these copper analog lines or are they coming in through a T-1, or cable circuit then using an EMTA of some sort to give you the analog lines.

2. How far away are the lines d-marked from the Allworx. There is a "short loop" setting in the programming.

3. If you trouble shoot the lines---do all the lines act goofy or is it just certain lines.

4 When did this start? Was there something that changed at the time?

5. You mentioned volume. Make sure the phone handsets are set at no more than 3 or 4. The volume on the speaker and on the handsets go from minus 10 to zero to plus 10. Plus 6 or 7 are really over-modulating.

6. Is there a lot of ambient noise in your areas?

Last edited by JWRacedog; 04/25/14 11:02 PM.
yes to all the suggestions. I would check and see if the static is on more than one line. Usually if you have static it is on one line

John Byington
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
This topic is over three years old. Best not to dig up topics that are "long in the tooth". Locking this topic down.

I Love FEATURE 00

Moderated by  JWRacedog 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024