Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
With at&t about to hand over LEC duties in Connecticut to Frontier, should people be making any big changes until they know how things are going to flesh out?

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I screwed up and discontinued our T-1 (Voice & Data)-- Unbeknowst by me, there was my copper modem line on the bill--an AT&T line that was resold by TDS Metrocom. Today I just got a new AT&T line in--Just a POTS. Works good. No problems in getting it.

We checked the nearest pedestal last week---not one copper circuit of any kind was there. At one time, the pedestal was almost full.

No one knows what the Frontier buyout means, AT&T customers or employees.

After AT&Ts stellar performance today, maybe Frontier will be better. We moved an office across town today, both locations served by the same CO. They killed the lines at the old site at 8:00 am and restored them at the new site at 4:00 pm.

We had an AT&T tech sitting in the basement for 5 hours, waiting for dial tone. 10 minutes after the tail lights disappear, so does dial tone on one of the lines. Had to open a repair ticket for next week.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Seems like at&t might not have pretested the new paths to verify all was well before the cut.

I Love FEATURE 00
I doubt it. All our local service was sold to frontier with no warning. I got a higher bill, amd slower DSL as part of my "upgrade" at bayonet point. Frontier has never been anything better than unhelpful. I couldn't get DSL installed at my parents house 2 doors down frm me, even though the line to my house crossed their property within 20' of their house. Can't wait for them to be forced out of our area.

Must be a US thing with not wanting to put new copper in.

Here in Manitoba I saw that the Winnipeg Chapter of Habitat for Humanity had new copper extended to a redeveloped surplussed school yard by Manitoba Telecom Services that they were changing to a 30 home subdivision.

MTS just spliced into the existing copper on the back lane across the street and put a few aerial terminals on the new hydro poles.

Shaw cable also came in and extended their coax cable to the same subdivision the same way to give the new owners the choice of who they wanted as provider of TV and/or dial tone.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Part of the justification for wanting to run away from copper has to do with residential POTS lines being disconnected in liu of going 100% cellular. On the commercial side, many companies are migrating voice traffic onto data networks served by fiber. That leaves lots of copper out there not generating any revenue, and LECs are becoming increasingly reluctant to roll trucks to maintain unused infrastructure.

I Love FEATURE 00
Wont happen here. I still see new pots lines going into retail busineses hooked up to Avaya and Cisco gear.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,289
Posts638,796
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,352 Shoretel
189,016 CTX100 install
187,393 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, Toner, Yoda), 88 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024