web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Ok, User has a XTSc-IP with in-skin flash voice mail (VM1B).

Everything seems to work fine EXCEPT you can't dial into Voice Mail with a VM group pilot number (440). Flash 65 shows it is set up correctly. Flash 40 shows: V440N S100D which I believe is correct. You can get in by dialing an actual mailbox number, like 108, 109, whatever, and get to the admin box 15-00 king of a "backdoor" way. But you cannot simply dial a VM pilot and get there. If you dial 440 the LCD of the shone shows the switch is dialing the Voice Mail, and it rings' but the VM (440) never answers.

When an outside CO line rings in and it is forwarded to VM by night service the VM never goes off hook. It just keeps ringing. No delay is set.

Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
As a follow-on to this post yesterday, the voice mail card has three green led's on its front edge. The top one is illuminated brightly, the second one less brightly, the bottom one is blinking. The legend printed on the card by the blinking led says "busy".

Can anybody help me?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Let me start by asking two simple questions...are you sure you are dialing one of the actual voice mail extensions? Secondly are the extensions in program 440 the correct ones? If all that is correct and the system refuses to play any type of greeting such as enter password or a system greeting then I would suggest that the vm itself needs to reinitialized thru hyperterm.

Last edited by Derrick; 08/31/14 07:00 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Derrick, thanks for answering.

To answer your first question, I sure think so. This office had 8 extensions (100-107). If you dial 108 or higher, up to like 157 or so, from one of those extensions you get the voice mail, once in you can go anywhere; set up an individual mailbox, manage administrator's mailbox, manage system greetings, call routing, virtually anything. It seems to work perfectly except you can't get to the VM by the pilot number (440) which is what the KSU is suppose to be dialing when an outside CO line is directed to VM. In fact, if you dial 440 from an extension the LCD on the phone says "calling Voice Mail". It rings but the VM never answers or goes off hook. One other curiosity, the "busy" LED on the front edge of the VM circuit card that docks into the KSU blinks steady. I don't know if that is normal.

I did a reset on the VM card reset button, later via hyperterminal, and a master reset of the KSU and then reprogrammed by the manual which I have (all 814 pages)

BTW, everything words fine in hyperterminal.

I'm stumped.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
When you dial any voice mail extension then some kind of greeting should answer not "enter mailbox password". IF 440 is programmed correctly it will ring and the response should be "enter password". So first you have to check flash 65 programming and make sure that the vm extensions are all in there as members of that group. Just those eight numbers, no more no less. The blinking light is normal.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/01/14 02:28 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
They are open tomorrow so I will be back in there. I will try that...Thank You so much Sir

OP Offline
Well,

I spent about 3 hours on this today...totally frustrating. We would like to upgrade them to Wave eventually but we have to fix this first.

Anyway, I checked everything that stood out to me:

1, flash 24 shows the VM1B properly installed in slot 7

2, flash 65 shows the group one is set up (440). There are 8 possible VM groups on the XTSc-IP. Only one is programmed.

3, also flash 65, within VM group one (440) only stations 100 and 101 are programmed as stations. the manual says up to 24 stations can be assigned, this system only has 8 to begin with and only 2 are programmed (100 & 101). Initially, all 8 were programmed but I removed 102 through 107 in hopes I was freeing up ports.

4, there are some options under flash 65 that I left at the default:
STANDARD LEAVE MAIL INDEX ENTRY left at default of "0"
RETRIEVE MAIL INDEX ENTRY set to the default of "1"
VMID STATION NUMBERS set to "same as station #"
NO ANSWER LEAVE MAIL INDEX ENTRY left at default of "0"
BUSY LEAVE MAIL INDEX ENTRY left at default of "1"
VOICE MAIL ID TRANSLATION set to default of "station numbers are assigned as vmid digits

all the in-band signaling parameters are set at the default which I verified.

All the programming using hyperterminal fits perfectly with the book...everything is where it is supposed to be and works as indicated. The PBX integration screens are exactly as prescribed for this VM unit.

One curiosity that I noticed is that under the mailbox assignment screen when using hyperterminal, the system creates by default a whole bunch of mailboxes, 50 to be exact.

When using hyperterminal, I am connected through the serial port on the VM board, should I be on the CKIB instead, or does it matter. The VM book seems to indicate being directly connected to the VM board.

If I dial 100 through 107 i get that actual station (extension) which is all they have. If I dial 108 through 115 the VM system answers and say "if you have a mailbox on this system press #, enter the extension number of the party you are calling" If I dial anything above that (116 and up ) I get a reorder/error tone.

If I dial 108 to 115 after the system answers I can set up mailboxes, do all the admin options, anything I want.

It just just doesn't answer when you dial 440 or when an outside CO is assigned to VM group 1, day or night.

One big question in my mind is this: The book says this VM card has 8 ports. Each port can address 24 stations and 250 mailboxes. I noticed that each of the 8 ports can be programmed to behave differently with different call routing and messages. This could be the key I am missing. I can't find anywhere that there is a place to direct 400 to a certain port in the VM system. Logically it should be selected somewhere or else why could each of the 8 ports have a different auto attendant scheme.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The integration options in flash 65 are for an analog voice mail, not for the inskin flash or hard drive voice mail. Regardless of how the ports are programmed, calling 440 should always result in vm asking for a password or if the extensions do not match the voice mail boxes you would get the "if you have a mailbox on this system...so if it may be possible that the phone system is not sending digits to the vm, (very rarely does that happen) which the reset button on the phone system mpb may fix. Secondly the vm is not paying attention to the integration and that requires re-initializing it. You talk to the voice mail using the db9 on the voice mail card. One other thing, check flash 67 button 1 and 2, make sure they are enabled as well.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Thanks Derrick, I'll try that today.

flash 67 flex button 1, 2, and 3, are all enabled

Do you know if moving the VM card to another slot is worth trying?

I wonder if I should try to re flash the software.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Reinitialize the voice mail. This will set passwords back to 0000 and deletes all the greetings not menu prompts. It deletes all the messages as well. Can't do anything about that.

Moving to another slot won't change anything. Upgrading the vm firmware will reinitialize the vm as well so you might as well reinitialize it first. I think you have run out of other possible fixes.

Last edited by Derrick; 09/03/14 09:26 AM.

www.myrandomviews

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 110 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024