Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#576866 09/02/14 03:01 PM
Menjy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

At our church we have a ESI IVX-C class generation II phone system. We're a small church so it fills our needs nicely. However, the subject of the hard drive was brought up. Is it possible to convert the mechanical hard drive to a SSD Flash drive? Like I said we're a small church and a $5000 for a ESI-100 phone system replacement is sort of out of our budget.

Thanks for any advice you guys could give

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I don't know of any SSD solution for the C-Class - We have quite a few C-Class's out, (installed base) I just looked "briefly" on the ESI reseller site for any SSD replacements and found nothing - HD's are generally better these days and a new one might last 10 years with a little luck, but I do know where you're coming from. If your old drive is still working, I'd get it backed up, then upgrade to the latest firmware version, backup again, then place the order for the new drive. Many times (maybe every time) a backup created in a previous version won't restore in the new firmware version (esp. if that middle digit in the firmware version number doesn't match)

The C class will take a SSD memory module. Make sure you make a back-up of your current load and programming. The new memory module from ESI will have the latest firmware load and prompts. When you load the back-up, you may lose some prompts and VM messages.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Two things jump out at me .... first is if you are thinking about an upgrade there is no need whatsoever for a 100. A 50L starts off equipped for 4 lines and 8 phones and grows from there.

Second is that the C Class is such a simple system you will probably find that reprogramming it and rerecording your greetings can all be done in less than an hour so rather than mess around with backups and upgrading software etc just start from scratch.

I agree. The 50L would meet the needs, is already on a SSD memory module and has a few features that the C class does not have. You can get a Comm Server 50L for a lot less than $5K.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Menjy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you all so much for your replies. It's been a great help. However, I was mistaken with the phone system. It's not a C-Class it's a E-Class Generation II. I don't know if it's that important. Next time I'll put on my glasses!

Moderator-ESI - Executone
some of the newer style E class systems could have either a Flash or HD.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Menjy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks.

How would I know if this one would be able to upgrade to Flash?

Last edited by Menjy; 09/03/14 02:50 PM.
They all are. ESI has a kit to convert the hard drive to a SSD.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
if you take off the cover, and see if there is a 50 pin connector on the main board just below where the cards plug into. some of the 72e cabinets did Not have this, they had to use the hard drive.if the 50 pin connector is there, that is where the Flash drive would go.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (dans), 170 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024