web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Does anyone remember how the speakerphones work on the Handsfree phones?
The Speakerphone works - I can call other extensions and talk with the microphone.
On the Handsfree ones, I can call phones and they can hear me through their speaker but, I can't hear them through their microphone.
The customer is saying they used to be able to use the handsfree phones as full speakerphones but now they can't.
freakin A', 30 year system, I never should have gone to site.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

There were 2 phones ,a standard and a speakerphone
part number for std ends 501 and speakerphone is 502.
Those are the days of phones with or without speakerphones
Thats a start.

If you click the link [manuals] above there may be a manual
for that old dog.

Last edited by KENB; 09/15/14 11:04 AM.
OP Offline
Thanks, I already have a manual. It doesn't specifically explain how the microphones work. It says that the microphone does not work unless the MIC button is flashing.
I understand that the speakerphone has the add-on module, with that, I can make it's MIC button flash, without it, I cannot.
Anyway, I'll have to set up a test one on our bench.

One of the other things the customer is complaining about is, "people cannot hear us unless we speak directly into the handset, If I have the handset on my shoulder, with the receiver below my chin, they can't hear me."
eeeeee-yup.

Last edited by NotNotCity42; 09/16/14 08:40 AM.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by NotNotCity42
Thanks, I already have a manual. It doesn't specifically explain how the microphones work. It says that the microphone does not work unless the MIC button is flashing.
I understand that the speakerphone has the add-on module, with that, I can make it's MIC button flash, without it, I cannot.
Anyway, I'll have to set up a test one on our bench.

One of the other things the customer is complaining about is, "people cannot hear us unless we speak directly into the handset, If I have the handset on my shoulder, with the receiver below my chin, they can't hear me."
eeeeee-yup.

I think if i were in your shoes i would explain to them that their system is 30+- years old, parts and support are almost non existent, and it is time for them to upgrade.

If they won't do it then i would walk away .... they obviously won't be spending much money with you.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
The Equity IIIs were one of my favorite phones. I'm with John, though. It's time to say goodbye. You service two nice products. Get something in there that you won't be wasting yours & their time. Good luck.

Internally on either phone you were able to HF communicate. With that being said it did depend on the programming of the station parameters. you could have it come over two way HF or have the called sets mic turned off making a person either press the mic key or pickup the handset.
I'm not sure of the programs needed but PM me if you need help on this.

Easiest way to upgrade a customer is to make them happy...if its working for them just bid your time till they need you.

Last edited by Toshiba Bob; 09/22/14 10:49 AM.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Just curious. Was there any resolution? I used to install lots of those in the 80s. Not that I remember everything but I hate to be left dangling.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

OP Offline
The 2312501 phones are called "Handsfree" phones.
With handsets down (A) 2312501 calls to (B) 2312501:
(A) Can hear user (B) through B's microphone, B cannot hear A through A's microphone. A must speak through their handset to come through B's speaker.
If this is reversed and B calls A, B can hear A through A's microphone, B cannot hear A until A picks up their Handset and speaks into it.
-----
A 2312502 phone is called a "Speakerphone".
With both phones' handsets down:
If (A) 2312502 presses SPKR and calls to (B) 2312501, both callers can hear each other through their microphones, neither phone needs to pick up their handset.
If (B) 2312501 presses SPKR and calls to (A) 2312502, B can hear A through A's microphone, A cannot hear B unless B lifts and speaks into B's handset.
---
2 "Speakerphone's" / 2312502's, calling to each other:
Either can make the call, both can hear each other through each other's microphone.
---
A 2312501 making an outside SPKR call:
A SPKR call can be made by the phone but, the outside party cannot be heard until the user picks up their handset to speak.
---
A 2312502 making an outside SPKR call:
A SPKR call can be made by the phone, the outside party can be heard until by the user either through A's microphone, or through the handset.
---
Switching from Handset to Speaker:
A 2312502 user can put an active call on speaker by pressing the SPKR key, putting the handset down, while on a call, the party on the line will be able to hear them.
A 2312501 user can put an active call on SPKR however and listen to the party on the line, but the party will not be able to hear them until the user picks up their handset again.

The company is gone. Tech support is gone. Used parts are almost non-existent.

It is a testament to the quality of that product that it is still even working.

Perhaps others have a better memory than me, but you have to tell the customer even your circle of old authorized Executone technicians can't remember the detailed nuances of this 30 year old system.

Check to see what the monthly leasing cost would be for them to have you move them into a brand-new system. This one needs to be replaced before they have an emergency.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

when you recieve a ICM HF talkback you hear an aleart tone followed by callers voice. NOTE in manual says the Mic indicator must be flashing to reply, If not flashing depress the MIC key
The book also note: 2312501 (TEL5/HF)
2312502(TEL5/S)
May be like the IDS where the phones worked HF on IMC but NOT CO calls

Good luck

mjc
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, nonameyet), 85 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024