web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I usually don't work on Inter Tel but I have someone with an Axxess with non working outgoing touch-tones once you connect to a trunk port. This is effecting any call to an auto attn., they can't enter call account codes for the carrier, and they cannot enter the selected zone for paging on a trunk port.
All other system tones seem to be working.
Looking for a quick repair.
Thanks
Mike in NJ

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
You can try extending the DTMF Digit Duration/Pause timer. Default is 60 Milliseconds. I would recommend trying 100, 120, or 150 to resolve your problem. You can go all the way as high as 255 but I've never had to do that before.

OP Offline
I don't think it has anything to do with the duration of the tones. I can put my but set on the analog trunk input to the zone paging unit and monitor a user accessing this unit. It then does not 'hear' any tones in response to a button being pressed - result is no paging. I can put my butt set on and enter a key entry from that, and select a page zone to make a page. They also cannot enter account codes to their carrier once they place a long distance call (codes required by carrier for this account). They also, cannot direct them selves in an auto attendant that they may call into. What in the system, generates these tones?

Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Here are 2 questions and answers copied and pasted directly from the Inter-tel knowledge base.
--------------------------------------------------------------

1. Using trunk ports for paging and passing DTMF digits to external paging equipment

Will a trunk port pass DTMF tones when used for paging?

Yes. When using a trunk port for a paging port in a page zone or direct dialing the trunk or a trunk group, the system will pass DTMF tones *, #, 0-9 to the trunk port when dialing from an internal extension. The extension that is connected to the page port (Trunk Port) will not hear the digits echo when dialed, but the digits are sent by the system.

Note:

Increasing the DTMF Duration/Pause timer maybe required to generate longer DTMF tones on the trunk ports if the attached equipment is not recognizing the tones.
If using a trunk port for paging such as for a two way talk-back paging connection that is not programmed in a paging zone, the extensions will hear the DTMF tones echo when dialing.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2. Calls to Auto Attendants, Voice Mail, IVRs, etc. do not detect the DTMF digits dialed by Axxess / Eclipse phones

When calling in to an Auto Attendant, IVR, Bank by Phone, or any DTMF recognition device, it answers and the caller then dials digits, the device does not detect the DTMF dialed.
In Database Programming:

1. Go to System, Timers & Limits
2. You will find "DTMF Digit Duration/Pause"

The default is at 60 milliseconds.
Try setting this to 80 ms. If it still does not work try 100 ms.

Originally Posted by Mike in NJ
I usually don't work on Inter Tel
Mike in NJ

Then why not take the advice of those who do?

Retired phone dude
Changing the DTMF timer to 120 is on my to-do list for every installation.

OP Offline
System is now working. system programming saved, power down, reset CVC card. Power up and luckily it is now working.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,769
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,455 Shoretel
188,309 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024