web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sounds like the OP gets paid by the number of calls answered so he wants to get the jump on the rest of the people in the call center.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well his profile does say sales.

Coral Tech, That is true..

Many systems (Mitel/Intertel) for example have settings to "auto-answer" the call without any action from the end user. It automatically places the call on their off-hook destination (I.e. headset, speakerphone).

Last edited by ThePostMan; 08/28/14 02:14 PM.

Michael L. Gates

I DON'T LIKE PEOPLE PLAYING ON MY PHONE!! "I keeps it real"
OP Offline
Thanks, everyone for the replies! Sorry for the late follow up.

Is it possible that there is a push button cord that plugs into the speakerphone jack that let's you answer the call and then you can lift the receiver and take the call? Just thinking out loud?

I simply want to be able to answer a call - say with a push button something or other that I can keep by my keyboard.

I do not work in a call center and I am not trying to "get the jump" on anyone. Not to be rude, and not that it has any bearing at all in regards to my original question, I am self-employed, have a mild disability, and for reasons I'd like to keep to myself, I'll conclude the "why" details. (I feel like this is the beginning of a flaming thread in the comment section of a controversial opinion story...lol). Again, I'm not trying to be rude or inflammatory, I am just curious if there is hardware (other than a headset) that will help me achieve my objective. If not, then my question is answered - but if there is, I'd love to hear thoughts.

Thanks again! I really do appreciate it.

-Jim

Admin
Admin
A Panasonic TDA phone system can be programmed to answer calls on the Xth ring. (ie 1,2,3). It's the poor man's ACD auto answer.
If you're logged in (to the "group") your phone will auto answer.

Why you would want that, and you need a headset to do that, is your secret....

Carl

Originally Posted by Mercenary Roadie
What are you doing that is so important that you have to be able to answer a call within 1/4 to 1/2 of a ring

Last edited by 1864; 08/29/14 12:31 AM.

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
I do not work in a call center and I am not trying to "get the jump" on anyone. Not to be rude, and not that it has any bearing at all in regards to my original question, I am self-employed, have a mild disability, and for reasons I'd like to keep to myself, I'll conclude the "why" details. (I feel like this is the beginning of a flaming thread in the comment section of a controversial opinion story...lol). Again, I'm not trying to be rude or inflammatory, I am just curious if there is hardware (other than a headset) that will help me achieve my objective.

Not being rude either, sarcastic perhaps because that's the first thing that pops into mind from what is given. This is like going to the doctor, you don't present him or her with a diagnosis and cure. Rather you rely on their knowledge and education to determine what's best for you after seeing your problem. Same here. We have learned, mostly the hard way, that you never take a customer's word for anything. There is probably the sum total of hundreds of years of knowledge here and if we haven't already seen it there may be things that you don't know about that may be of help.

-Hal

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I'd also switch to a PRI circuit versus copper lines. The phone system rings instantly on incoming calls.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 103 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024