web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer that has a Partner ACS R8 fully loaded with four 308 modules and a standalone Partner mail. They want to be able to have most of their staff to have the ability to receive calls on their cell phones when they are working at home. Considering the number of staff members and the havoc it may create by tieing up their 8 lines, remote call forwarding is not an option. Adding a T1 for cell phone connect is also not happening since their carrier is maxed out. Is there a way to accomplish this, maybe with virtual DIDs(if there is such a thing) and having them forwarded to each staff member's mobile device? Are there other options available that would accomplish this? I've suggested IP Office but a new system isn't an option for them right now. Any ideas?

Larry

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Call Forward Disconnect?

Staff or VM Flash then dial cell and hangup, line is free.

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
Brokeda, since the system grabs a line to call the remote number and then conferences the two together wouldn't the line used to conference be in use until the call is complete? I'm not quite understanding staff or vm flash.

Larry

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by reidtel
Brokeda, since the system grabs a line to call the remote number and then conferences the two together wouldn't the line used to conference be in use until the call is complete? I'm not quite understanding staff or vm flash.

You may find the telco offers a "call forwarding" feature similar to what you used to be able to do with centrex lines .... just a hook flash, dial 9 plus the number and the caller is transferred. I have set Partners up to do it in the past.

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
They want the calls to be automatically forwarded as opposed to someone manually transferring. The same as what the remote call forwarding feature does. With remote call forwarding, a station is assigned line ownership and when that line is called the system automatically conferences with an available line and calls the mobile device. Unfortunately they want most of the staff to be able to have the ability to have calls ring at their mobile phones but as I stated in my original post this would have the potential to tie up their 8 lines. That's why I was wondering if something along the lines of virtual DIDs existed where calls to each DID could be forwarded automatically.

Larry

I'm not real sure but I think you can call forward from lec then make a speed dial with the flash and 9 and number then you will only use one line and set phone up with call forward to speed dial number. Its been a few years since I had to set one up

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 105 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024