web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#579513 10/26/14 01:13 AM
OP Offline
Hello all,

I was on duty yesterday and had to go to another building that's being remodeled to check on a classified space and stumbled upon this old Bogen paging system... Just thought I might share it with you all. I thought it was interesting how they incorporated 25-pair cable.

The numbers for the switches aren't actually room numbers, they're the work center numbers mandated by Big Navy that every maintenance activity uses for their maintenance work centers. 310 = Line Shack, 110 = Power Plants (engine guys), et cetera.

Although I was the only one in the building, I unfortunately didn't think to try it and see if it worked. If I were to venture to guess, it probably does. The Navy sometimes has a way of clinging onto old things, which can be both good and bad. If it works, don't fix it!

Here are the pictures I took:

[Linked Image from i62.tinypic.com]

[Linked Image from i58.tinypic.com]

[Linked Image from i58.tinypic.com]

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I did a Google search and the documentation I found is dated in the mid 90s. The amp documents from early 2000s. This equipment looks ultra modern compared to the old PA system my elementary school had when I was a student back in the 70s!!!

I Love FEATURE 00
They still make 'em too! Nice installation

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I have a school district customer that still uses this set-up in several of their smaller school buildings. Not bad to work on, no trouble finding parts...so far.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Never seen one in person - thanks for sharing the pics!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Very reliable and easy to work on. The red connectors in the switch box can be hard to come by if you break one, but Digi-Key has them in stock. There are hundreds of these around Western PA.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
I think the red connectors were also used on Fisher Berkeley Ektacom nurse call systems.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024