Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#579859 10/30/14 11:35 PM
Admin
OP Offline
Admin
So they made me an offer I couldn't refuse, a nexVTec VoIP PBX for a good price, but it has SIP trunking to go with the IP phones. They want me to use their trunks at $9.95 a month and 2.2 cents per minute in and out, and I signed with Flowroute for a lot less.

My problem is I can't get the PBX to talk to the host. I did the Asterisk cheat and used that script but no go.

Has anyone interface a Flowroute SIP to a different PBX?

My SIP phone gives dial tone, but calls fail.

Carl

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Which Asterisk cheat script are you referring to?

Does your system provide user access through a website interface inputting data into forms, or are you logging into the server and writing actual Asterisk code?

I'm assuming that this PBX probably runs on some form of Linux, so here are some things you can try:

1. Determine the server's IP address by using the ifconfig shell command.
2. Using an SSH client, you should be able to SSH into the system using [email protected]. You can use Putty on Windows, or just the regular old Terminal app on Mac OS X. Unless SSH is disabled...
3. Once you are into the system, connect to the Asterisk shell using the command "sudo asterisk -rvvvv" (The V's are for the verbosity level, add or remove them as you please)
4. Once you're in the Asterisk shell, you can run the command "sip show registry" which will tell you whether or not your PBX registered with the far end SIP server at Flowroute. If this isn't happening, something is wrong with your configuration or a password is wrong somewhere. You can also use the help command to retrieve a whole list of all the commands the shell understands. The only ones I ever really need start with "sip."

Check this out.

At the end of the forum post there's some information about using Flowroute, and the specific settings you need.

In addition, if you could post a dump of the Asterisk log, I may be able to pinpoint where the issue is.

Scott

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,793
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,268 Shoretel
188,995 CTX100 install
187,385 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 5
dans 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 139 guests, and 398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024