Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#581063 11/22/14 03:28 PM
njh621 Offline OP
OP Offline
Figured I'd poll the wisdom of the board on this.

I've currently got a Panasonic KX-TD1232, operating in a hobby configuration (e.g. no POTS connection). I'm using it to run several Bell System-era phones, including a 1A2 key system. The TD1232 is a nice device, but has a few "deal-breaking" limitations. The internal ring generator is fixed at 25Hz (not Bell standard), it won't accept 4-digit extensions, the intercom ring pattern is fixed, and a few other minor issues.

The question: is there a PBX available on the second hand market that has the following features, that anyone would recommend? I started looking at the Nortel Meridian 1 Option 11, which seems like a winner, but I can't find detailed information on the NT8D09AK analog card capabilities. The Nortel ring generators also appear to configurable in terms of ring voltage and frequency; this is a plus.

Desired features:
- Auto/"hotline" dialing for extensions
- 20Hz ring generator
- Pulse (rotary) dialing support
- Provisions for 4-digit extensions
- Computer programmable/configurable
- Support for 16 or more analog extensions
- Optional: paging support

Last edited by njh621; 11/22/14 03:28 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Option 11 will definitely fit your request but there is a fairly steep learning curve. I have a couple in stock if you decide you want to go that route.

The NT8D09XX Features:

Provides 16 ports
Analog line card
Provides message waiting

[Linked Image]
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think that the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya Definity can do that, but, it is an expensive system and has a steep learning curve.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by dexman
I think that the AT&T/Lucent/Avaya Definity can do that, but, it is an expensive system and has a steep learning curve.

Maybe a Legend / Magix??

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
ACS would fit everything but 4 digit extensions. Unless I just don't know how to do it. Ring voltage is lower than POTS but seems to ring up my 1A2 and misc. 500 & 2500 sets just fine. 2.0 REN on each port, and every port works with analog T&R sets. Programming is pretty easy and all the manuals are available online. I have an R6 with 2 308 modules running sets all over the place. Also supports rotary dial with built in pulse to dtmf converter. Perfect for ATA's and other VoIP scenarios.

The guys on C*NET (www.ckts.info) use Asterisk PBX's to do all of what you want, and more. I have one that someone smarter than I programmed for me, and it has the capability to provide many FXS and FXO ports via T1 channel banks. Flexible numbering plan, add/strip digits, rotary and DTMF, AND you can connect to the rest of us all over the world. If you know how to program, that might be a choice to consider. I can put you in touch with the experts who set these up for new members. The only hardware you need is an old computer with a stripped hard drive, and a few other bits. The channel banks of choice are Adtran 750's which are dirt cheap on Ebay.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
For hobby use, I'd look at a Legend R7. The "computer programming" is a little archaic, but it meets every requirement.

njh621 Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow...there's more options than I thought! Thanks for the suggestions!

Arthur: I was originally going to mention Asterisk, but I cut that out of my initial post. I'm actually registered for C*NET but am not operational (yet). I have an HP T5735 running Astlinux, three Linksys RTP300s, and a recently acquired Cisco IAD2432-24FXS. I have one RTP300 working, but am still learning to build my dialplan. The issue from I've read is that SIP doesn't seem conducive to hotline dialing; the ATA itself has to provide that feature.

Archaic computer programming isn't an issue; I use the DOS utility to program my TD1232. 4-digit extensions are more of a want than a hard requirement, and inexpensive hardware is a bigger priority. Certainly 2.0 REN/port is a plus!

I'll look around on ebay and see what pops up. Appreciate the suggestions from everyone!

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by njh621
I'll look around on ebay and see what pops up. Appreciate the suggestions from everyone!

Legend stuff is dirt cheap on EBay ... $400 phones sell for $.50!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I was going to suggest a Magix, but I wasn't 100% sure about the four digit long extension names. blush

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,469 Shoretel
188,335 CTX100 install
187,097 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 111 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024