web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all,

I recently splurged and got myself an Avaya IP Office v406, with 4 loop start trunks and 5 Definity phones.

I've successfully used Avaya IP Office Manager R5 to send and receive configurations from it.

I have two lines right now coming in via a VoIP ATA. Line one is my personal line, and line two is my business line.

Line 1 is set as In/Out Group ID 1.
Line 2 is set as In/Out Group ID 2.

Calls to Line 1 go to Hunt Group called External (GID 1), which rings the 6416D+M on my desk, and the 6408D+ on my nightstand. Calls to Line 2 go to another hunt group (GID 2), which rings only my desk phone.

I'd like to be able to differentiate between business and personal calls by the ring pattern. Is there a way to customize ring patterns based on the hunt group calls come in on? I'm not seeing it, unless it's a special configuration I need to set up that I'm not picking up on.

Thanks all.

Scott

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Unique ring tones came in on 8.1, so, no, not unless you include something like a single line ringer in one of the hunt groups.

OP Offline
Thanks, TTT.

On an unrelated note, I defaulted the system to try and learn how to set a system up from scratch, and for whatever reason the phones are stuck on dialing out. I just get NUMBER BUSY on the display. Incoming works perfect, however. I checked the lines, and the two unused ports are listed as Out of Service, and the two in use are listed as ICLID Loop Start as they should be. I also checked the routing under the Short Codes tab. The normal [9]XXXXXXXXXX as Dial 3K1 (this worked previously) is there, as well as the other routing settings, which are exactly the same as when I received the system from the refurbisher. I don't know where the system is getting the busy state from.

Line one uses group ID 1 (personal line) and line two uses group ID 2 (business line), and they each go to separate hunt groups so I can separate my personal and business calls. Incoming works exactly as I've programmed it. When I call with my cell phone, the line goes active for a moment to gather the CLID before ringing the phones, and I can answer, talk, transfer, and whatever as normal.

To troubleshoot, I plugged a regular analog phone into both ports on my ATA to check, and they are working just fine. Calls are crystal clear and there's no mystery busy signal that the system is indicating.

Another mistake I made was changing the DHCP setting from Host/Server to Client. The IP Office for whatever reason is refusing to request an IP from my network, so I can't even reach it now (my network is 192.168.0.XXX, so could be why?).

I'd like to give you a full monitor log of attempting an outgoing call, but at the moment I don't have any ability. I do, however remember noticing that there was something along the lines of "no channel" displayed when I would get a busy signal/reorder.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
OP Offline
I got the system reset via the DTE port with a serial cable. It's back up and running for now.

OP Offline
Problem solved.

Turns out the XP laptop I was trying to program the system with had a few sneaky viruses poking around, and it was preventing the networking services from operating properly, hence why the Admin program couldn't find the IP office.

Installed the admin suite on a Windows 7 laptop and it works fine. Re-configured the system and everything is hunky dory.

Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,788
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,109 Shoretel
188,988 CTX100 install
187,373 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
6 members (James D., mongo5150, teleco, Carl Navarro, justbill, Toner), 131 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024