Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#582165 12/18/14 01:42 PM
Westone Offline OP
OP Offline
I just figured out how to use program 140 to play different greetings based on the current mode (Day, Night, etc). As soon as I updated this setting to the KSU, incoming calls now go directly to the message with no rings on any handset.

I have not knowingly updated any other settings, just this one.

What setting controls how long the handsets ring before going to the current message?

Last edited by Westone; 12/18/14 01:46 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hi,

Welcome to the board. I saw your post about setting the ip address. Now I see about the greetings. Can I give you some advice? With the SBX you will have a never ending list of questions. If you want to learn it become a dealer and go to class. You are going to need to much help just thinking your going to just do it cold. Either that or the customer will have to pay a trained tech to work on it. If the only tech is miles and miles away where did the system come from? If you want to be their telephone technician you have to be trained and certified. Sorry to be so blunt but I thought I would save you a lot of time and trouble where in the end you will have them take it out and put in a hosted solution anyway.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I agree with Jim. I have been an installer for 35 years and have prided myself in being able to pick up a manual and thereby learn a system. With the SBX, I have been humbled. As a dealer, there are good installation and programming webinars and I think they are a must if one is to work on this system. It is a darn good one, but even still, there are many programming areas that I am still not fully confident on. It is a good system but if one installs it without knowing how most of the programming features interact, the end user will be disappointed.

I don't envy you in your situation being the network admin and having this system thrust into your lap. We can try to tell you what to do in a general way but telling you how to do everything step by step is something that our rules won't let us do.

Last edited by MnDave; 12/19/14 03:06 AM. Reason: after review of previous post

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Westone Offline OP
OP Offline
I agree thats good advice. I contacted Vertical yesterday to see about getting access to the tech resources they offer. I also scheduled a remote SBX tech support for this morning with an outfit in MN.

That was the point I got to after spending 3 hours looking through all of the programs in the PC Admin utility, and the documentation which is basically not helpful. I too have made a living out of figuring out tech stuff and getting it to work, and eventually I'll get a concept of how this SBX system works, but it's just too foreign to get to that point quickly enough to resolve the issues we're having here now.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll let you know how it goes.

Looking forward to your report!

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Westone Offline OP
OP Offline
The money we spent on the remote support was well worth it for me, $98 for an hour and I have some sort of basic understanding of how to get the system to do what we want.

The remote tech session was delayed this morning due to an emergency on their end. While I was waiting around, I did actually get the phones to start ringing. Prgm 140, the one I used to get our daytime and night time messages to play according to schedule, was also set to go directly to VM during all modes. The setting was right there staring me in the face, I just didn't know what it was. I unchecked the option for the Daytime mode, and the phones started ringing. Yahoo!

So I still spent an hour with the SBX tech to confirm things were configured basically correctly, and learned a few things to enable me to do what we need here. And now, we can configure a few things we want in addition to the bare essentials.

Now I am in a position of being the go to person for the phone system here, adding to my repertoire of skills and value for this client. That doesn't hurt.

Westone Offline OP
OP Offline
Got access to the VConnect site this morning and there is all manner of training material and info there. Should have me up to speed soon hopefully. Thanks for the help!

Excellent. Glad it worked out. Good luck with it.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,316 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024