web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#582147 12/18/14 09:34 AM
OP Offline
I have a customer whose MOH cuts inand out and they keep wanting me to fix it.
One of our guys went, said the RCA connector going into the CPU was loose, re-wired it, everything worked and he left.
They called back...
I went, checked wiring coming out of receiver. re-wired the RCA connection at the CPU, the antenna to the matching transformer to the receiver, and moved the wire that goes to the CPU from the left speaker output, to the left speaker output.
Each time I rotate the receiver back in place, the audio cuts out. I found that I could tap my finger on the receiver and drop the audio from the receiver.
I told the customer it's probably the recevier, I could try replacing the matching transformer that ties the antenna to it, showed them I could tap on it to drop audio, and left.
They called back saying it's not working, had a conference call with the owner who said let's try replacing the matching transformer...
Went to radio shack, bought one, replaced it, replaced the cross connect from the left speaker output to the IDS, replaced the RCA connector to the IDS, the stereo was outputting when I got there, and after I changed those things.
They called back again...
- I never see on the receiver, the tuned "stereo" indicator go out.
- they used to have a powered antenna that's abandoned by the receiver.
- The system is on the second floor, metal roof building.
- They have an old style tv antenna you used to see on people's roofs, mounted against the ceiling, that ties back into the receiver through the matching transformer.
* I have not replaced the CPU, I kind of doubt that's the problem.
* I have not brought out a radio from home and said, "try this instead".
Have any of you had the MOH input port go bad on an IDS 84 CPU? I've never seen that.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

NotNotCity42 #582152 12/18/14 09:51 AM
It's just the receiver I would think. Ya know hold the antenna there and it's fine! Only other thing you may try is moving it away from the cabinet as it may be getting interference some how. Heck find a ferrite core to wrap around the input cable before the CPU maybe that will help. That is one of the reasons the IDS came with those to go around the station cables. But of course no one ever (Well Most) installed them. Also try mono input heck it isn't stereo once it's connected to the RCA input.

mjc
NotNotCity42 #582166 12/18/14 02:25 PM
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
get an ipod. try something that You know works.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
NotNotCity42 #582168 12/18/14 02:38 PM
So simple, put in a cd player or Solid state music player.
If it stays clean you have proved your point, bill them. Radios suck and bite you in the ass later.

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill), 59 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024