web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#582090 12/16/14 06:59 PM
madadd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi All

Got some little twats trying to hack my customers VM.

They cant do anything, but there busying up the lines.
The system is OS 7030, the VM cant dial out via VM from either mailboxes or extensions, only via the dial function to the pre-programmed numbers.

Currently, the calls hit the night VM service which allows the incoming user to only leave a message. Ive set all other options to hangup, which when i dial in works fine. however the shites still seem to come inbound and manage to dial my operator group, which ive disabled them from doing.

Ive tried myself, and if you keep hitting loads of numbers, it finally goes through to my operator group.

However this is still happening thru the day in day mode and again all lines are tied up.

No idea how to stop this. Its not costing call cost, but causing issues with incoming calls.

And checking call logs, they dont have a number so cant bar them, and VM not showing any info on incoming call, so not sure if they are some how bypassing the VM immediatly.

Ohh and the incoming lines are SIP, theres no ISDN or the like. So it quickly hits my Sip Trunk license limit.

Any help most appreciated. Customer not happy, but what else can i do, as the system is secured as far as it can be. ??

regards

Adam Roberts

Last edited by madadd; 12/16/14 07:01 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you know the phone numbers of the hackers you could always block them

Whoops did't read all the message sorry

Preferably, turn off port forwarding for port 5060 in your firewall, and set Alive Notify to Options, and set an appropriate notify time to keep the port open to your provider. This will stop "drive by" SIP connections.

Otherwise, set your firewall to only allow SIP connections from your SIP provider. Remote clients such as SIP extensions should use a VPN.

You know.. that guy.. with the thing.
madadd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi

Thanks for replys, The router is crap BT one, cant program for specified incoming IPs, for some reason they wont use the Draytek i had installed.

It looks like they are hitting the router, and not coming in over the phone number, or via the SIP trunk supplier.

Going to setup port mirroring and monitor incoming data on the sip port.

Think best way it to replace router again and only allow traffic from allowed SIP provider IP.

Which is what I normally do, but BT routers are so limited.

Reason why i never use any router than Draytek
its made for ip

Whitelists?

Or if they are coming in via the SIP trunk provider trying to hit the VM and not getting anywhere then they will soon give up.

Annoying little twits, we answer live 24/7, the number of bloody hang ups we get is ridiculous. We log the number google it and either no info or obviously spoofed numbers. The spoofing has got to stop but with all these mom and pop CLEC's I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Off the soap box,
John

John 807
Tell the menu in vm that whenever the number for the group is dialed, set it to go goodbye. That will block it from allowing numbers to be dialed. In the night menu, delete the ??? entries. This will force them to only do what the AA tells it to do.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (ronaldjamesh, justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 58 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024