web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#584597 02/12/15 07:45 AM
OP Offline
Hello again,
I just bought a 1972 WE Trimline. It will not ring. From what I can see, there are 5 wires coming from under the ringer, red, black, slate, red/slate, and blue. The red goes to L2, black, was on G, I moved it to L1, the slate and slate/red, were insulated, looks like from factory/repairman, blue is on F terminal, for dial? I put slate on K, and slate/red on A. Still will not ring oh, and there is a yellow wire from the line cord that is not connected, I think this would go on G, but left it hanging for now, cause I get dial tone, and can call out, recieve calls in and talk. So, what am I doing wrong?...Bob

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Keep in mind that those five-wire coils didn't wire like the ones you'd see in a typical 2500 set, where there are two coils in one with four leads. The five-wire ones were just tapped at different points to allow them to work on party line circuits. In your case, the red and black leads are the only ones that are used; the slate, slate/red and blue leads should be insulated and stored.

The capacitor needs to be wired in series with the red or black lead when connected to the incoming tip/ring. It is strapped across the set's terminal block near the top, so it should be easy to locate. You should be able to get away with strapping terminals A and L2 together with the black ringer lead on L1 to make it work.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Thanks Ed and TT Tommy!
I wired the phone like Ed suggested, and it worked!!! Diddnt realize that the TL ringers were so much different from the 500 and 2500 sets. I figured the slate and red/slate were disconnected, per customers request, not to have the phone ring.

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Bob

There would never be a time when an installer would need to open a TL set to silence a ringer. That's why they put the line-cord ringer lead (yellow) at a place that's convenient to disconnect it(at the terminal block).

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024